Thank You

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

via tumblr
I want to take a moment here on this blog to reflect on all the good that has come out of this year so far, and all the good I can see ahead of me right now - because I think a lot of times we ("we" being "me") focus on what could and will go wrong in a situation far more than we focus on the benefits of it, the beauty.

It's more than being grateful for the good things in your life - your warm blankets, loving friends, unexpected free time - Thanksgiving is about having joy despite and through the hurdles you're struggling to overcome. The pilgrims found joy in each other's company, despite the bitter winter that preceded the first Thanksgiving, and a second almost as difficult that would follow. They were uncertain of their future, but they were joyful nonetheless. God brought us here. We have purpose. 

A lot is happening around us today that gives us more reason to fear that we have had in the past. But we are not meant to live in fear.

"Death closes all: but something ere the end
Some work of noble note may yet be done,
Not unbecoming men who strove with Gods . . .
Come, my friends,
'T is not too late to see a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the Western stars, until I die.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles
And see the great Achilles whom we knew
Though much is taken, much abides: and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. "
from Ulysses by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

It is never too late to seek a newer world. And for that, I am grateful. Xx

7 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Ulysses is one of those poems I want to give to everyone. I'm glad you enjoy it too! <3

      Delete
  2. Amazing post and I agree with everything you said. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving :)

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jasmine! I wish you the same! <3

      Delete
  3. as I'm up to my eyeballs in school and moving preparations, thank you for reminding me to be thankful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you, for your humble and constant support. I appreciate you. :)

      Delete
  4. This is lovely, and a wonderful reminder. <3 Have an amazing Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.