Winter Essentials

Monday, November 23, 2015


Recently Rach shared her favorite girly items for staying warm, cosy and hydrated during the harsher winter months. I loved the concept, so I thought it would be fun to share my own over here! Let me know what products make you feel cosy in the winter months. I want to know! :)

1. Dark lipstick
My current favorite is this red one from the Covergirl X STAR WARS collection. The shade range is brilliant, and even if they're not the most long lasting lipsticks, you can't beat a good bit of fangirl fun. ;)

2. Blanket scarf (see top photo)
I bought this scarf back at the end of summer and its been a life saver during these in-between months! I love that I can wear it as a coat alternative (you know me, always needing to switch things up...;)

3. A Good Book
I'm currently loving Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. A brilliant read for this time of year. Now I only want to be in the highlands or the moors...

4. Lotion
I can't live without a lotion in the winter - my hands get really dry. I absolutely love the scent of this body lotion from Bath and Body Works: it's warm and sweet enough to feel seasonal, without being overpoweringly so. If you get the chance, head over to the store and have a sniff!

5. Pretty socks

These lovelies come from Forever 21 and I'm a wee bit obsessed. Warm, cute, cozy - you can't go wrong. :)

What do you use to keep yourself beautiful or happy during these colder months? 

8 comments

  1. This is such a neat idea! Three cheers for blanket scarves and I must say those tea tins are the sweetest ever. I would add a good chapstick (AVON is my personal favorite). Between the cold and wind chapped lips are such a problem but I find chapstick three to four times a day is a great prevention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are my tea tins from England, because when a friend goes over to the motherland, you don't let her come back without a souvenir. ;)
      Chapped lips are a daily struggle here, too. I love Burt's Bees' original, just because it is the only thing so far that can save my winter apocalypse (apoca-lips?). For more mild cases, I like eos - but they cost some $3 or more, which I'm convinced is just for the cute packaging. I'll give AVON a try!

      Delete
  2. Pretty much agreeing with everything on this list! I have fallen in love with blanket scarves and I can never go through a winter without my HG Revlon Black Cherry lipstick :)

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe I haven't tried Black Cherry yet? Such a cult favorite, I really ought to get my hands on it...

      Delete
  3. So much cute! In winter, I find myself loving a chunky knit infinity scarf, Christmas flavored teas (like peppermint or gingerbread or sugar plum fairy), and lots of lotion and chapstick. And of course fuzzy socks. :)

    (By the way, I bought my first ever lipstick yesterday at The Body Shop! Woot! I'm still keeping an eye out for M.A.C's Patisserie since you recommended it, but Berry in Love looks like it will work out great in the meantime.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, now I want one of Starbuck's gingerbread lattes! ;)

      I'm slowly getting to all of you guys. Lipstick lovers unite. XD

      Delete
  4. WUTHERING HEIGHTS IS BEAUTIFUL. And chilly and cozy at the same time and wild and oh, darling Heathcliff. Basically I love itttt. I'm personally a fan of big snuggly old sweatshirts, familiar books to re-read, and lemon ginger tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ITS AMAZING. AND HORRIBLE. AND AMAZING. I think my head doesn't know how to handle Heathcliff because my emotions surrounding him conflict each other so much. Who cares, it's a brilliant, brilliant novel. I can't wait to finish it and step back to feel the full scope of it...

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.