CARMEL'S CHRISTMAS GIFT GUIDE: Part The Half

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

via pinterest
My favorite time of the year has officially arrived, and I'm loving it like you wouldn't believe. :) One of the best parts of the Christmas season is shopping for the lovely people in your life, and seeing their happy faces when they open their gift! However, if you're like me and have been shopping for a few of the same people for many years, you begin to run low on ideas.

Today I have the joy of pairing up with the lovely Rachel Heffington at Lipstick and Gelato (I worked with her to design her website early this year, and it's easily one of my favorite projects, not to mention how fabulously friendly Rachel herself is.) We're both devoted fashion enthusiasts, so you'll find that category is covered in both our posts- however, for the rest of the categories, any you don't find covered here you can most likely find over at Rachel's place!

If you're unfamiliar with how the gift guide generally works, I've essentially culled through all the prettiest stuff online and in stores (all with links) for all the different people in your life. For each category there will be a few different suggestions, and for each suggestion a higher price point, a middle and a lower price point, depending on what you want/can spend - all in hopes your Christmas shopping will be made that much simpler.


This gift guide presents a marked female bias. If you're a boyfriend/husband/father/brother, props to you for doing your research! I hope this is helpful to you; I know I would love to receive anything on this list (and I'm a lady!) For us girls, these are great gifts for our fellow female-kind. :)
This post is not affiliated with and/or sponsored by any of the following brands.

GIFTS FOR THE FASHION-LOVER
1. A statement clutch
    - ASOS Lulu Guinness Perspex Lips Clutch Bag
    -Old Navy textured Foldover Clutch
    -Forever 21 Zippered Envelope Wallet

2. Timeless sunglasses
    -Celine
    -Urban Outfitters
    -Forever 21 Round Tortoiseshell Readers 

3. Chic Accessories
    - Kate Spade Taxi Lacey Wallet
    -Le Shop Guide by Michi
    -Forever 21 Ear Cuff

GIFTS FOR THE WRITER
1. Coffee/Tea and Coffee/Tea Accessories
    -Starbucks Collectible NY Taxi Edition Mug
    -Teavana Loose Leaf Chocolate Chai Tea
    -Old Navy "Black Coffee" Mug

2. Classics, revamped
    -C. S. Lewis Complete Classics
    -Anthropology Jane Austen Novels
    -Anne Of Green Gables Special Edition Cover


3. Nerdyness (writers are known for it!)
    -TARDIS Teapot
    -Downton Abbey Season 6
    -Captain America Mug

GIFTS FOR THE MINIMALIST
1. 2016 Calendar
    -Rifle Paper Co.
    -Barbie Fashion Wall Calendar 

2. Minimalist Woman Essentials
    -Madewell Sezane Candle Set
    -Rifle Paper Co. Stationery
    -Minimalist Desk Prints

3. Inspiring Literature
    -Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon
    -The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo

GIFTS FOR THE BEAUTY GURU
1. Lipsticks
    -Charlotte Tillbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Bond Girl
    -M.A.C. Lustre Lipstick in "Patisserie"
    -Rimmel X Kate Moss in #104

2. Eye candy
    -Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Fragrance
    -Tarte Tartelette Contour Palette
    -"FACEPAINT" by Lisa Eldridge

3. HG Products
    -Benefit POREfessional Primer
    -Naked Basics Palette
    -Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Polish

GIFTS FOR THE ANGLOPHILE
Anything + everything British.
    -"True British" by Alice Temperley
    -Rifle Paper Co.
    -London Red Bus Tea Caddy

10 comments

  1. <3 I'm done with all of my shopping, but this list is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, girl! I haven't even started mine >.< Good on you!

      Delete
  2. Wow, great list you put together here! I sort of want all of these things for myself!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you and me both, girly! But you can always send the link over to someone as a totally-not-subtle hint. ;D

      Delete
  3. OOH! SO MANY GOOD IDEAS!

    Now, what would you recommend for a guy around the age of 21 or so?!? I'm pretty much stumped at this point! I have a Secret Santa gift exchange on the 11th and I've got nothing yet... *eek!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's tough! I think teas & coffee are always good ideas, but it depends on the sort of man he is! Gift cards or a good book you know he'll like are also good places to start. And you can't go wrong with big manly scarves or mittens. ;)

      Delete
  4. Loooove your ideas! Although admittedly, all the categories under gifts for writers and the subsequent gifts would be ones *I* would like. ;) Haha. As I told Rachel, y'all should do a men's gift ideas list! It's always a struggle for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey hey! Thank you! I'll admit a men's gift guide would potentially be more useful, but to be honest I hardly know what to get the men in my life myself (I would feel ill qualified!). I'll keep it in mind though. :)

      Delete
  5. I feel so accomplished because I already have the Barbie calendar^__^ also now I want to buy everything on the list and just keep it for myself

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.