Christmas Party Makeup Essentials

Monday, December 14, 2015

via tumblr
It's that time of year again! Dark red lipstick, lots of highlighter, and everyone sporting anything and everything glitter. There are a lot of products out there though, and finding that perfectly edited and collaborative Christmas-Party-Look can be difficult. Here's how I do my classic:

BASE:
-Benefit POREfessional Primer
Can you tell I'm obsessed? A little dab of this all over the face will make your makeup last all the way through desserts and a bit of dancing, so you don't have to run to the powder room every half hour).
-Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Ivory
This is my favorite foundation: easy to apply and very blendable, this gives medium build able coverage without feeling heavy on the skin at all. And the shade range is pretty decent. Win-win!
-Revlon Shimmer Brick in Bronze Glow
I use this all over, a bit of the rosy-pink on the apples of the cheeks, the beautiful highlighter on my cheekbones, down my nose and on my cupid's bow, and a bit of the bronzer to chisel my cheekbones as well. Absolutely love this palette.

EYES:
-Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze 
Smudged all over the eyelid this is the perfect base for a more glamorous look. To intensify the color and add depth/warmth, I like to go over the top of that with...
-Wet N Wild Silent Treatment Trio
I use the lavender/taupe shade all over the lid again to add depth and a more smoky look.
-Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner
My all-time favorite drugstore liquid eyeliner. I'm going for a dramatic cat-eye, bringing the line all the way through the inner corner to thicken the lash line. After curling my lashes, I use...
-CoverGirl the SuperSizer Mascara (Limited Edition Star Wars Packaging)
I finally got my hands on this stuff! To be honest, the formula hasn't made it to my favorites list, but it does add volume and length like any self-respecting mascara ought, and it's Star Wars. So there. (I run that through the lower lashes as well.)

LIPS:
-Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
I use this to line and fill in my lips, getting the basic shape and full, beautiful dark red color. This pencil is absolutely fabulous on its own, but of course if you're feeling extra glam, I like to add a swipe of
-CoverGirl Star Wars Lipstick, shade no. 30
This adds a beautiful, slightly metallic finish to the look, both seasonally and fangirl appropriate. The lipstick itself, unlike the mascara, is a formula I would repurchase in regular packaging, which says a lot. The product is a beautifully done, long-lasting formula. Lurv.

What are you wearing this holiday party season? Any particular products you're loving and/or wanting to get your hands on? (As for me I'm currently coveting the Tarlette in Bloom palette. Holy gorgeousness, those shades...)

2 comments

  1. I tend to use the maybelline color tattoos in either bad to the bronze or chocolate suede during this time of year :) But I pretty much never leave my house without my Revlon lipstick in black cherry. Awesome post!


    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! Those Color Tattoos are fantastic. I want to get a few more shades...XD

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.