I Have This Thing With Pants | #OOTD

Monday, December 07, 2015

...Plaid, tweed, leather trimmed - I want them all. XD











Kenneth Cole elbow-length top, vintage / Fringe necklace, Walmart / Tweed-style harem pants, Old Navy / Vintage Crossover Flats, Forever 21 

I really wish I was the sort of cool person who found vintage tweed pants at the thrift store, but in reality I shop at places like Old Navy, and that's where I found these stunners. I've been wanted to jump on the tweed trend for a while now, but tweed pieces can be either very expensive (and not worth the shorter time you'd wear a more trendy item) or too old-looking, or both. So I waited, until the Saturday night after Thanksgiving, when I was at Old Navy rummaging sale racks for cute tee shirts and the like, and I found them. Le swoon.

I've never actually gone Black Friday shopping, just because only some of the deals are actually worth all the craziness surrounding them (and the fact that they start earlier each year just makes me want to quit before I've begun) but shopping the day after means you skip the crowds, and there are still a tonne of good deals to be found.

Case in point? My pants were $9. At this time of year, I can't be bothered to spend much more than that on myself anyway. It could not be more perfect! I'm so happy with this new addition to my closet because they are beautiful (and comfortable)...and especially because they didn't cost much of anything. I'm cheap like that. ;)

Did you find anything great during Black Friday or afterwards? What are your opinions on Black Friday shopping?

8 comments

  1. I wish I was braver in the pants department, I just end up wearing jeans or the occasional skirt. It doesn't usually occur to me to even look at other pairs of pants x)
    Black Friday Shopping has always sorta terrified me, and we've never done it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Target on Saturday and that alone was too crazy for me. I can't imagine Black Friday mayhem. XP

      Delete
  2. I doubt I could pull off pants like those, but that's awesome you found such a great deal!

    I did get a fabulous deal on my first smartphone on Black Friday. ^_^ But in general, I stay far away from Black Friday shopping! This year, working in retail, I got to see it from the opposite side of things. Crazy. The deals hardly seem worth it at that point, to me anyway. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, which is probably why I've never gone. Nontheless, I love getting things marked down...;)

      Delete
  3. girl those are SO cute on you. I ended up not buying anything on black friday, unless you count coffee. Haha!

    Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, coffee always counts. ;)
      Thanks girly!

      Delete
  4. I could NOT pull off those pants but you look awesome! And that necklace is gorgeous! I'm strictly an online blackfriday/cyber monday shopper ;) I snagged myself some goodies from the Kate Spade surprise sale around Thanksgiving.

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're a lot easier to style thank you think. ;) But thanks!
      Kate Spade sales are so beautifully dangerous. Oh my oh my...

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.