Knee Socks & Leggings: Keeping Warm In The Wintertime | #OOTD

Friday, December 04, 2015

One of my favorite ways to stay warm this time of year is with over the knee socks. I love the chic (slightly Tumblr/Kawaii) look of them, and they're just far enough outside my comfortable style zone that I fee adventurous and daring wearing them.

Maybe that's just me though. ;)

This Autumn/Winter I've partnered with No Nonsense to bring you three different ways to rock that cosy look, whether for a holiday party, going out to dinner, or just staying in with your books and your tea! This is how I stay warm in the wintertime.






top: vintage Calvin Klein / skirt: unknown, thrifted / socks: thanks to No Nonsense! / booties: thrifted, Michael Kors

For the first outfit, I wanted to do an everyday pairing. I chose a simple black elbow-length top and skater skirt (a favorite pairing of mine) and because the over-the-knee socks are so long, they keep my legs warm. On a colder day, I might wear tights under the socks for extra layers.





chambray top: J. Jill, old / leather trimmed leggings: thanks to No Nonsense / rings, earrings, sneaker loafers: Old Navy

For this second look I decided to go a bit more powerful, with a low ponytail, heavy earrings and a crisp chambray top to go with the crisp leather detailing on the pants. I love the look of these pants! Just enough leather to play with the trend without being a cringe-worthy fashion adventure to look back on.  This look would also look great with some black pumps, but as I was just running errands when I took these photos, sneaker loafers were the way to go. ^.^








dress: Target, thrifted / socks: thanks to No Nonsense! / booties: Michael Kors, thrifted / clutch: Forever 21

For the final outfit, something a bit more festive! Who says you can't wear white after Labor day? I love an all white look around Christmas time - there's something very fresh, snowy and snug about it.  Again with this look I paired a shorter skirt (this time a white shift dress) with some high socks to keep my poor legs warm despite colder temperatures! And some classic booties again because you really can't go wrong with them. Add a dash of glitz in the clutch and you're good to go. <3 p="">
Can you tell it's still warm in the South? XD

How do you like to stay cosy during the festive season?

6 comments

  1. Yes! Knee-socks and leggings. Also sweaters. I have a whole bunch of sweaters, good for all different sorts of occasions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm, love sweaters! I need to get a good Christmas one now I think of it.

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  2. I don't like knee socks on myself, but girl you are rockin' them! Great outfits!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wasn't sure how they would look but I'm more than pleased. :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.