Friday's Face: January Makeup Look

Friday, January 29, 2016

I want to get better at incorporating makeup looks on this blog more - I love doing them, but I never want them to all sound the same. Nontheless, I’ve been loving this sort of Parisian look this season, especially since after all the festivities of December, January can have a tendency to feel very dull indeed.

I say Parisian in the very technical sense of the term: this isn’t a pink-lips and cat eyeliner sort of look, but rather pale skin, no contour, and a warm, robust blush. But more on that later…XD

FACE
I like to prime with something that’s going to smooth over any blemish in my skin. My current fave? Benefit Porefessional Primer. You all know I love this. It’s the bomb.
Following that up, my favorite winter foundation (I can’t use it in the summer as it’s too pale, and the next shade is too dark) is the L’Oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation. It’s matte as heck, and lasts all day long without a powder. Very good for getting that pale, porcelain complexion going! You might want to moisturize beforehand. ;)
For the blush, the star of this look, my current favorite is e.l.f.’s Mineral Baked Blush in “Passion Pink” - it’s just the perfect shade. I compound the look with e.l.f.’s stick blush/highlighter in “Persimmon” and finally finish off the cheek action with Revlon’s Shimmer Brick in Bronze Glow (highlight shade only). This is cheek heaven and I bloomin’ love the effect.

EYES
I start with eyebrows here; just filling them in as usual (I like a straight, full shape - think Audrey Hepburn or Natalie Portman).
Swipe a bronze/light brown shade over your entire lid as a base. My favorite is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze. A light sweep results in an almost matte, nude base. I add a very thin line of liquid liner on the outside of the eye and barely upward, to lift the lash line and elongate the shape of the eye (Maybelline Line Stiletto Liquid Liner). Curl your lashes and thicken up with a good dose of mascara (Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara).

LIPS
For this nineties-esque brown lip (this whole look is very earthy and warm, actually), I start by lining with my Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner in the shade “Spice”. I top it off with a running of M.A.C.’s “Cream In Your Coffee”.

And that’s the look! What have you been wearing on your face recently?

3 comments

  1. This is so fun. I love to know what products everyone is currently enjoying. :3

    Lately I've fallen for Becca's poured highlight in "Pearl." I bought it on my birthday, because Ulta gives great birthday coupons, and I love it. It's easy to apply quickly in the morning; I pat it into my skin lightly and it leaves a gorgeous true /glow/ without tons of glitter. It's perfect for pale ladies. Becca can do no wrong.

    My friend gifted me with Loreal's "Blake's Red" lipstick for my birthday, and golly-gee—I am a convert! I usually dislike heavy matte lipstick and find they refuse to last on my lips, but this product does not BUDGE. Hooray for a red lip to liven up the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BECCA highlighter! I have been so tempted to pick up at least a mini in Sephora - it just looks so gorgeous, and you know I love highlighter! <3
      I haven't tried any of L'Oreals new Reds line, but I loved several of the Nudes line, so I'm itching to check it out. The matter the better! I'll give Blake's a swatch. :)

      Delete
  2. Great to know about the products you use.
    I love benefit too.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.