Loving At The Moment: Tiny Jewelry

Monday, January 11, 2016


calendar: rifle paper co / antler plate thanks to my sister Rachel, via Target's Threshold collection

In reading this blog, you might have noticed I'm not a massive wearer of jewelry. Or better stated, I'm not a wearer of massive jewelry. XD I have my share of heavy, jeweled earrings, and I love that look for nicer occasions, but on a day-to-day basis I can't really be bothered to wear much more than a few small rings. I've always been a fan of delicate jewelry, but often worried about it getting lost in my hair (hahathatisactuallyarealstruggle) and therefore contribute little to nothing to a look.

I've overcome the concern, and I've also fallen in love with the sleek low ponytail especially over the past few months. Nothing sets off a sleek look quite like delicate jewelry - whether its tiny rings, earrings, or otherwise (I don't really wear bracelets, but there are some stunning ones out there if that's your jam!). So here's a nosy around inside my collection of favorites...


L to R: C-3PO earrings, just big enough to satisfy the nerd in me without overpowering an outfit. Aww yeaa. | Stackable daisy rings from Old Navy. They remind me of The Great Gastby and also Marc Jacobs, so what's not to love? | Gold-topped arrowhead earrings from Francesca's. (Another Christmas gift.) (I love when people know me well.) (Shoutout to Cara for being da bomb.)


L to R: Two more sets of stackable rings, also from Old Navy because apparently I only shop at 2 stores. But they do have fantastic tiny jewelry. | Gorgeous blue rock drop earrings from this brilliant woman. Abigail, you're a gem. No pun intended.


French bracelets from Forever 21, old and terribly impractical to wear, but they look cute so I keep them out. :)


Have you fallen for the tiny jewelry trend as hard as I have? What types of jewelry do you wear most? 

9 comments

  1. YES! I love dainty midi-rings and understated necklaces. They're super fun to layer or just wear alone. I'm falling for tiny rose gold pieces at the moment *heart eye emoji*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one, Kianna! And amen to rose-gold - honestly anything from rose-gold to copper I'm in love with at the moment. <3

      Delete
  2. These pieces are gorgeous (C-3PO for the win!). I love the jewelry selection at Francesca's... they have chic options for so many different styles and personalities.

    I find myself reaching for silver jewelry most often, perhaps because I love the classic look of black and silver. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss. I can see you being a silver girl: it suits you well. :)

      Delete
  3. Hooray! I'm so excited to see the rock earrings on here: it was such a struggle to narrow down my selections for you and Chloe, but I really thought these seemed like something that a) you'd appreciate and b) would look awesome on you. I'm glad you do like them and that they fit in so well with all your other beautiful pieces (especially love the arrowheads!). ^.^ For myself, I lean toward heavier jewellery: not oh-my-word-so-heavy-I'm-gonna-fall-over, but something with bulk that won't get lost in, yes, my hair. XD Also, I think it's nice to have something a bit larger and longer to lengthen my face (which is pretty round). Could just be me, though. At the moment I'm wearing the "owl" earrings my parents got me a couple years ago, and which remain my favorites: they're classic but quirky and add a little fun to an outfit.

    Oh, yeah, and I'm obsessed with owls. There's that, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *do* love heavy earrings - lots of jewel clusters and such, but it's fun experimenting and finding new appreciation for these smaller fellows. ;D

      YAY FOR OWLS.

      Delete
  4. Nice post :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww those earrings are adorable! I love subtly geeky things that I can be sneaky about wearing, and I'm a fan of delicate jewelry too. I'm more of a minimalist person in general.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.