Oxford Girl | #OOTD

Friday, January 08, 2016













sweater: forever 21, thrifted, similar here / tee: h&m, old, similar here / high-waist skinny jeans: old navy / leopard flats: forever 21, old, similar here

In January, I leave the house very rarely, and end up spending most of my time in oversized sweaters and top knots, just trying to get stuff done. It doesn't have to be an ugly working ensemble, nonetheless: I found this adorable, Oxford-esque sweater at Goodwill recently that I have been loving trading out for my same old black sweater. You know, so I feel like I'm working at something important instead of just sending emails, writing blog posts and staring at my blank Word document that is supposed to be turning itself into a book. XD

What keeps you going during this cold season? I'm personally guzzling more tea than is probably necessary. ;)

9 comments

  1. LOVE the sweater and those jeans. You look amazing in the enviable high-waist style. It's so effortless, yet so immediately chic. Bravo, brava. You make me want to get out of my sweatpants. XD

    TEA keeps me going. I've been loving a mix of green and black teas called "Christmas Morning," and a lovely rich chai. Tea and good books. I just finished John Buchan's pioneering spy novel, "The Thirty-Nine Steps." So fun.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, if I managed to inspire you to get out of sweatpants, which are infinitely more comfortable than any jeans, that's success. XD

      Any tea named "Christmas Morning" is something I need to get my hands on. Where is it from? What brand is it? I must have it.

      Delete
    2. The brand is "Stash" tea, which is supah cheap and delicious. http://www.stashtea.com/Stash-Tea-Christmas-Morning-Black/dp/B00OY8PDN8

      I found a bunch of green tea (my favorite morning cuppa) on sale at Woodman's today and I bought three different kinds. Plus a vanilla chai tea that was also on sale. Can't stop, won't stop. XD

      Delete
  2. That second-to-last picture is so fun! I love the angle and pose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was right before my backdrop crumbled, if I'm honest. ;) Thanks, lovely!

      Delete
  3. reason number 75 why I love you, Carmel: you understand the need for awesome shoes.
    (apologies for not commenting for a while, I was in Disney World ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a dear. And have fantastic taste in shoes. ;)

      I hope Disney was fun! <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.