"Qu'est-ce que, c'est silk?" | #OOTD

Wednesday, January 13, 2016







(insert gangster face)

top: Josef A., thrifted / jeans: Old Navy distressed Rockstar skinnies / over the knee boots: Gianni Bini, old, similar here / satchel: Forever 21 / ring: unknown / watch: Target, old, another beautiful one here.

You know I love simple, so today I'm going back to the basics! There's nothing so satisfyingly chic as a slim, cool grey turtleneck sweater and some nice over-the-knee boots to make you feel like Black Widow in disguise. I like to keep looks like this distinguished from any old jean-and-t-shirt combination, however, by adding specific, thoughtful pieces. The texture of this sweater is so beautifully soft you can almost see it. (The little tag bears the French phrase, "Qu'est-ce que, c'est silk?") The ring combines cool tones and modern design, as well as sentimentality: it's a hand-me-down from my mother. The watch, though broken (does anything for fashion, doesn't she?) gives the look a more sophisticated vibe. The boots are taller than your run-of-the-mill boots. It's the tiny details that make the look. :)

What are ways that you add character marks to your style and outfit choices? Do you have any sentimental pieces you love to wear?

8 comments

  1. Definitely look chic, Carmel! You are rockin' that turtleneck and that is a great bag!

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jasmine! That bag is my everyday workhorse. I go pretty much nowhere without it. XD

      Delete
  2. Agreed. Pairing basics together like these, in a thoughtful manner, the outfit looks really chic! Love the boots!

    To add character to my basic black dress, that I pair with black boots, I pull on a pair of wine colored tights or sometimes even royal blue! The color plays peek-a-boo whenever I walk :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, friend! <3
      Mm, I love royal blue, especially paired with black. So powerful and calm at the same time.

      Delete
  3. I love the grey turtleneck, and your black satchel is stunning! You just can't beat the timeless elegance of simplicity.

    Sentimental pieces... I have a simple white-gold claddagh ring that I bought in Galway, Ireland on St. Pat's Day. It's small, classic, and the band is a beautiful rendering of three strands woven tightly together. I wear it with everything; it's one of those pieces that will always bring back memories. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that. One of my favorite parts of travel are the small pieces you bring home with you, like a forever reminder of other homes - "i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)."

      Delete
  4. those boots <3
    I like to add nerdy or quirky jewelry to my outfits to spice them up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyyy thank you! Quirky jewelry is the best. :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.