The Elegance Files, No. 8: Emma Watson

Monday, January 25, 2016

via pinterest
Just a little series on being elegant, from tips my mother taught me and beyond. Click here to read more from the archives...

I shared one of these posts back in the fall, a small style-file on Alexa Chung, and I thought it would be fun to, over time, take the series around all of my favorite style icons: today's is Emma Watson.

I've loved Emma's style for years, but I feel like in the past year or so she's truly come into her own look, and it's incredibly classy, feminine, and mature. Of course she's always been beautiful, but she's really been hitting the proverbial nail on the head recently: all of her choices seem to truly compliment her features, and there's nothing more elegant than a woman who know's her look.

Let's take a look at the specifics: Emma's style is bold structure with simple color palettes, daring and often menswear-inspired with stark blacks and whites or powerful brights. She's not afraid to try new things, especially on the red carpet (which are some of my favorite of her looks), but her everyday style is classic and minimalist. Perfect.



I love both these classic combinations of camel and black. 



Emma's summer style is fresh and simple, often with a bright lip color to compliment lighter, dewy makeup. 





This is possibly my favorite Emma Watson style moment ever (can we talk about that skirt?), made even better by the fact that Jennifer Lawrence is being her hilarious, photo-bombing self beside her. XD







The juxtaposition of a high neck and a low-cut back is a classic Watson move.



A skinny-pant suit with stilettos and feminine hair and makeup cannot go wrong.


Watson's signature makeup look is minimal, with heavy bottom lashes a la 60's makeup icon Twiggy, and often a bright lip color. And freckles. Cheers for beauty marks!



Do you like Emma Watson's style? Who are some of your style icons?

5 comments

  1. I love Emma Watson's style! Recently, I've also been loving Daisy Ridley's outfits. Especially this dress:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/12/27/14/2FA16EE900000578-0-image-m-56_1451228026726.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Daisy's choices for the Star Wars premieres especially are some of my favorites.
      That dress is brilliant. <3

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. ahh, yes! I love how she always looks pulled together, even for every day events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma Watson's style is perfection. I can't get over that black gown, perfect in its stunning simplicity. Ah. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.