Last-Minute GALentines Day Ideas

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

via tumblr
I've always disliked the stigma of Valentine's Day. Or at least the way we portray it in modern culture. But what I do love is loving on other people, whether friends, family member or significant others (it's the history nerd in me jumping out: did you even read the story of St. Valentine? Pretty sure it had nothing to do with 50 Shades of Grey.) But something I've been loving more recently is Galentine's Day - a day for you and your girls in which you basically do what you love and give each other something lovely. :) Here are my 5 last-minute Galentine's Day ideas, for you and all the fab ladies in your life!

1. ART MUSEUM + FRIENDS
This is one that could as easily work for a Valentine's date idea, but I especially love the idea of going to a local art museum or exhibition with a few of my close girl friends, and grabbing a coffee as well. Maybe it's just me, but studying art seems to be one of the best possible conversation openers, and I love to study it with people who's opinions I respect. Grab a gal pal or two and check out what art is near you. Even if the museum/show is terrible, you'll have a good time with a good friend. :)

2. COFEE + MUM
I so rarely actually get to sit down and have coffee with Mum, but when we do it's always a treat. This one is especially special if you two have a mutual respect of coffee - if not, you do you! Cronuts would be a great alternative.

3. SISTER NIGHT IN
My sisters and I have all varieties of different schedules, so getting us all in the house at one point is a feat. Gather your sisters (or soul sisters!) together for a movie night, nail painting and dessert! My personal favorites are Sherlock, this nail polish from Sally Hansen, and these no-bake cookies. Mmm...

4. THE BREAKFAST CLUB
Nothing like a lot of chatty women with coffee and pastries to make for a good time! One of my favorite ways to get together with people is in the morning, over breakfast (straight up the best part of the day, if I'm honest): call up all your favorite ladies and have one big warm, coffee-sippin, valentine-giving, pastry-tasting, Galentine's Day celebration.

5. SHOPPING + LUNCH
Valentine's Day is the perfect excuse to treat yourself! I love to clean out and get rid of things at the beginning of the year (as you well know) but by Valentine's Day I'm about ready to fill in the cracks and try some new stuff! Get a new lipstick, try some fancy chocolate or experiment with finding your perfect fragrance. Scour libraries and book shops and breathe in the smell of ink and paper, or burrow your nose in a new piece of literature for the afternoon. And when you're all pampered up, meet up with a friend for lunch! Or have lunch with yourself (and people watch because that is my favorite) because you, my friend, are beautiful.

Happy Galentine's Day ladies! Xx

4 comments

  1. These are all lovely ideas :) I'd say coffee with mom would be top on my list (mainly because both my mom and I adore that heavenly elixir <3 ). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moms and coffee: where would we be without either of them??

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.