Green Drink Variation: Springtime Again

Wednesday, March 02, 2016


Now it's March and my spring fever is in full force, I figure it's about time we bring back the green drink. I recently created a new twist on the old favorite because, as we've discussed before, most green drink recipes are good for you but they just don't taste good. And especially if you're trying to replace a meal with a drink, it better be a pretty rad drink, otherwise you're wasting your time: you're gonna go snack-roving after you chug and you know it. ;P

The last version of this I shared around Christmas time, and I included orange peel and cloves for that zesty, spicy flavor of the holiday season. Continuing with that trend, I wanted to do something with the fresh zest of orange juice, but a more spring-time, fruity flavor.



It's super simple, fresh, fruity and basically makes me want to be walking around the shops on a breezy Saturday morning in a bright dress.

INGREDIENTS:
-1 frozen banana
-1/4 of an orange, fresh, half the peel off and half on
-2 cups of fresh spinach
-a few cubes of ice
-3/4 cup of water


DIRECTIONS:
-Blend all ingredients, putting the frozen banana at the bottom so that it fully disperses (frozen bananas have a tendency to clump, but they're the best way to get that cold, fruity-fresh texture).
-Serve immediately, preferably with a straw. ;)

Let me know if you try it! I've made it three times already...XD

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.