The Chic Sheet: Spring Edition

Friday, March 11, 2016

work dress for women 5 best outfits - Find more ideas at work-outfits.com
It may not officially be Spring, but in my heart and head it most definitely is. These are all the wonderful, happy, spring-y things that have been goading my Spring Fever, as well as a few just generally great thingsEnjoy.


1. GLORIOUS FLORAL PRINTS
"Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking."
But in all honesty, nothing makes me more excited about the change of seasons than seeing what new ways fashion is doing florals - I'm loving the bold, Eastern-inspired prints this season, such as this, this, and this.


image


2. SHERLOCK MEMES
I finished Sherlock over Christmas break, but now I'm rewatching it with my sisters (and being that friend that just quietly watches you become obsessed...XD). YAY FOR SASSY WATSON.

3. PATRICIA BRIGHT/BRITPOPLIFEVLOGS
I've been watching Patricia's channel on and off for a while now (beauty/fashion videos), but recently I've been loving watching her blog channel with her husband. They so cute. From her beauty chats to just watching them cook together, it's just the happiest thing to have playing while I put on my makeup in the morning. Lovely.

4. JENNIFER ANISTON'S HARPER'S BAZAAR SHOOT
The falcon. The set. The gowns. Talk about editorial dreams!

5. ALEXA'S BACK
Alexa Chung's Vogue series "The Future of Fashion" was so fantastic, they decided to continue it, but this time in New York. Um, YES.

6. HOMEMADE GRANOLA
Seriously, this has been a lifesaver at the moment, when all I want on warm, spring days is a bowl of crunchy cereal and fresh fruit, doused with cold milk. Hashtag cereal addict, or something like that.

7. AT HOME GEL?
Brianna recently shared her [incredibly scientific, and therefore incredibly reliable] method of testing gel manicures, for those of us who live lives that are tough on our nails (e.g. working in food 5 days a week, as in my case, or playing violin daily, as in her case). I have not tested her chosen method, but I plan to very soon. Because it's getting warmer, and I can't hide my hands in coat pockets much longer. ;P
Have you tried gel manicures, whether at home or in the salon, and what were your thoughts?

(Sincerely, The Girl With The Ugly Chipped Nails)
(Ahah.)
(You Think I'm Joking.)

1 comment

  1. Okay, regarding Sherlock, I can't believe you are just now hopping on the band wagon. :O BUT! WELCOME to the fandom of pretty much the best show ever. We are so glad to have you. ♥ Just watched the Abominable Bride and oh. my. word. Just so much brilliance always.

    p.s. Thanks for the shout out! Can't wait to hear how the gel manicure works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.