Spring Wardrobe Wishlist

Wednesday, March 16, 2016


It's that time of year again, and I'm getting antsy with my closet - I want to get rid of the old and bring in some new (okay, let's be real, when do I not? oops.) But without goals in mind, spring shopping can very quickly become dangerous, and overspending is easy. Here's a streamlined list of all the things I'm looking out for this season, whether at the retailers themselves or something similar at second-hand shops!
via tumblr
Olive Green Nike Airs - I love the earthy tone of green these shoes are, kept sleek and chic by luxe fabrics. I have a pair of black Nike's, which I wear multiple times a week for my workouts and/or running errands (who says sneakers can't be stylish?) so I'd love to add another pair to switch them up a bit...

via tumblr
Karen Walker Sunglasses - Okay this is dream-world talking, but I would love to add a pair of Karen Walker sunglasses to my wardrobe someday. I mean just look at them. 

via tumblr
Button-front jean skirt - Ever since last summer, the look of the jean skirt has been growing on me, and I'd really like to give it a try again (the last time I wore a jean skirt I was probably 7 lol!). I think with the right elements (blue-and-white striped silk blouse, strappy sandals, leather bag) it could look really cool and chic. What do you think of the trend?

via Kingdom and State website
Kingdom and State leaf-print 2 piece - I have heard nothing but good about this company and their classy, affordable suits. I bought a hi-waist 2-piece (top, bottom) swimsuit set last year from LimeRicki, and though I love the suit, I'd love to mix and match it with some of the adorable Kingdom and State prints (namely, this leaf one or these adorable gingham ones - love!).

via pinterest

Long knit midi dress - Spring is the perfect time for dresses, and one of my favorite ways of shaking that up a bit (sundresses can get old after a while, and it's not quite warm enough for them yet where we live!) is a long t-shirt dress. I've seen so many cute ones in the shops, it's really just about deciding which one I want at this point...;)
via tumblr

Roll-Neck Tank - This is the perfect, on-trend middle ground between Winter and Summer: a sleeveless knit. Styled with a pair of skinny jeans and some flats and sunglasses, you're comfortable and stylish, while still staying warm enough on blustery days.

via tumblr

Gingham button down - The small side of me that is preppy got really excited seeing so much gingham on the runway back in the fall, and she's still dancing now. I've never really been a fan of gingham, but sometimes it just looks right. And you can't go wrong with a gingham blouse; it's about the safest way to test the trend and see if you like it!

via pinterest

DVF bright print neck scarf - Straight up this neck scarf is just gorgeous (click through to see!). I have no other reasoning behind this one, but that should be enough. XD

What are you looking to add to your wardrobe this spring?

2 comments

  1. Denim skirts have always been hard for me to wear, especially since I grew up with people wearing floor-length, non-flattering denim skirts. But I really like the one that you picked out, and I found a denim skirt similar to it at a Goodwill thrift store near to me yesterday. Still thinking about the best way to style it, but I'm just glad I've overcome my fear of them. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I know the struggle. I think every Homeschooler goes through a phase at some point where they ask themselves "wait, am I supposed to be wearing those things too?" - thankfully I no longer feel beholden to that specific agenda. And with a little hesitation, I'm embracing the trend. XD

      I think they're quite cute with a stripey tee, too...

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.