The Girl Who Waited | #OOTD

Monday, March 14, 2016







plaid blouse: h&m, similar | olive shorts: unknown, similar | tights: ASOS | navy converse: converse | satchel: forever 21, old, similar. | gold rings: various; cute ones here

After my post a couple weeks ago where I wore an outfit inspired by Jenna Coleman (or more specifically, Clara Oswald) I thought it would be fun to wear another character-inspired look. I love wearing things that are my style (remember this tights-and-shorts combo so long ago?) but that subtly reference fandoms. Why is that so much fun? XD

Today's look, if you couldn't already tell, is very much Amelia Pond. I've loved the looks the stylists gave Karen Gillian from the first episode she features in all the way through Series 7, which we're currently watching. I've definitely felt influences from that look this past Autumn/Winter as I add to and develop my own (also: can we talk about how flawless her nails always are?). The key elements of the look are the long, middle-parted locks, heavily ringed fingers, earthy colors and tones (olive, especially) as well as red elements, and of course, a classic pair of converse. These ones I found at the thrift store last week, and I love the subtle David Tennant nod they give. 

(Wow. So much nerd in one post.)

What do you think? Do you have any subtle fandom pieces you love? Do you like Amy Pond's style?

13 comments

  1. Love this look, so perfect for the in-between weather right now. I hadn't thought to wear tights with shorts, I am going to have to give that a whirl!

    xo Mary-Katherine | Gold-Hatted Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! I've really been enjoying playing around with different styles, as I'm getting a bit tired of the old jeans-and-sweater at this point. XP

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Totally wish I could rock tights under shorts like you, girl! Love that top.

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl. Amy Pond is my home girl. And Clara is my fashion inspiration. This looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hair is majestic.
    also A+ outfit ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, anything inspired by Amy Pond is bound to be cute!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.