A Saturday Morning Pamper

Friday, April 29, 2016

via pinterest
I don't know about you, but right around the end of the semester I'm really in the mood to pamper myself. I feel as though I've accomplished this much, it's time to relax a little bit! Especially before events, which I have quite a few of this weekend.

For me, Saturday morning is the best time to take to pamper myself. I get home from work at 10AM, and I'm ready to sit down and chill for a few hours. I don't always have that opportunity, but when I do, here's how I do it:

1. A Tasty Snack
My favorite at the moment are peanut butter-chocolate no bake cookies...

INGREDIENTS-
-1/3 cup cocoa powder
-1/2 cup honey
-1/2 cup natural peanut butter (ingredients: peanuts, salt)
-1/2 cup coconut oil
-a dash of vanilla
-a dash of sea salt, if desired
-2 cups of raw old fashioned oats

DIRECTIONS-
-Melt down your coconut oil over medium heat. Whisk in cocoa powder until fully combined; mix in peanut butter over heat as well (it softens and combines much easier!)
-Combine all remaining ingredients except oats.
-When everything is fully emulsified, mix in the oats. The consistency will be a bit thin, so don't worry if yours seems off! Spoon off onto a baking tray & let set in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.

Or, if you're impatient like me, put them in the freezer for 20 minutes. Does the same job. ;P

2. Cosy pants
These relaxed leggings from last week's athleisure post are my current favorite. So. Dang. Soft. My stars.

3. Minimal Makeup
I like to feel comfortable when I'm pampering myself - and though feeling pretty is part of that, I don't want so much makeup on (read: lipstick) that I don't feel like I'm going to ruin my white bed if I get the random urge to dive into it. Trust me, this is a regular issue. XD A lightweight foundation (like this one), a little flick of my favorite eyeliner (nothing extravagant | long-term love this one), a flush of blush (my current fave), and of course mascara. I'm currently trying this one from Revlon...

4. Red Nail Polish
Nothing says glamour like a nice glossy red, does it? Of course my nails aren't really red all the time, but for this pamper session I was really feeling the Old Hollywood vibes. The nail polish I used, and my go-to red is Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy, in the shade "Get Lucky." It's a classic red; can't go wrong with that.

5. French press
My ultimate pamper-me beverage is a nice French press (my favorite way to have it is iced with cream, because hello it tastes amazing.) However, coffee is a stimulant - normally that's perfect, because Saturdays are busy, and after taking this time I usually have to get back to real life (boo). However, if I'm in a place where I need to wind down, a cup of hot Irish breakfast with a dash of skim milk is my second favorite. Mmm...

6. Fragrance
Whether this means spritzing my favorite perfume around my chill space (the couch, my bed, etc) or dabbing a bit of essential oils on my wrists and ankles, fragrance is something that really makes the difference between a lazy day and taking intentional time to unwind, at least for me. My favorite is lavender oil.

7. Journal // Read
During these times, the best way to get my day started is by reading my Bible, praying, and journaling my thoughts and prayers. Of course, I would ideally do this every day, but since my schedule usually only makes this study time possible at the end of the day, it's truly a luxury for me to get to do this before I do anything else. It just sets my day going in the right direction.

What do you do to pamper yourself in the morning? I want to challenge you all to take a little time for yourself this weekend, even if it's just a 10-minute power nap! None of us can go indefinitely without taking breaks. Remember to take good care of yourself in the midst of all your busy-ness. ^.^

8 comments

  1. Sounds great! Minimal makeup is my everyday look, mostly because I don`t have the skill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, whatever floats your boat, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I've recently been opting out for minimal make-up when I actually want to wear it. It looks more natural and I've come close to giving up on lipstick as it really just dries my lips out too much. Oh, journaling is great! I do it so rarely though because I see it more as a leisure thing and feel like I ought to actually writing in a WIP. So when I actually journal, it's a nice treat. It helps me think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing a lot more minimal makeup recently too, Ashley! I'm not sure if it's just the fact that I never have time to sit down and do a full-product face anymore, or that it just seems too much anymore, and I like simple. Either way, I'm definitely paring things down a bit in the makeup scene, which I don't mind. :)

      Journalling is my best decompressing activity, but I agree - it's a luxury. <3

      Delete
  3. this sounds so lovely!
    I usually take a bath and read when I want to pamper myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cookies are my favorite!!! I love making them a little bit healthier with the honey and coconut oil, thats a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your ideas - those cookies sound amazing. :) I love to do my nails on a day when I have TIME TO LET THE POLISH DRY. Currently feeling like a lucky, lucky woman and a spendthrift because guess what? I treated myself to an actual shellac manicure. :O

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.