Inspiration: Graduation Party

Monday, April 18, 2016

I'm currently in the process of planning my own graduation party for this coming May, and it's shaping to be a much larger project than I prepared for. (Just wait till I get married. I'm going to be my own worst nightmare.) All the stress aside, however, the fun part is the visualising, and I'm currently putting together a few secret Pinterest boards full of pretty things to get a visual idea of what I'm going for.

I know several of you lovely readers are also graduating this year, whether from high school or college, so I thought it would be fun to share my inspiration with you, in hopes it's of some use!

CONTEXT: Last year, when my sister Chloe graduated, our color scheme was a nice classy pink-and-gold affair, a little bit shabby-chic, very lovely indeed. Since a lot of our guest overlap (I mean, we're sisters, it's bound to happen XD), that is unfortunately off the books. However, I'm coming up with something different, but very much up my street all the same. It feels very me. And that's the important part, because if I'm not feeling it, I won't be able to get excited about it and do my best. We don't want that!











all images via pinterest
As you can see, I'm going for a very bright, whimsical feel with a pastel color scheme. I definitely want to incorporate hot air balloons somehow. Also lemon-designs. And basically anything kitsch and somewhere between Kate Spade and Bilbo's Eleventh-First Birthday Picnic, tent included.

I'll let you know how that works out. XD Would you be interested in seeing more along this process? I'm envisioning some DIY's or documenting, but let me know what you think!

Are any of you in the process of grad-party planning? What are some ideas you've had? 

13 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm quite excited about this. :)

      Delete
    2. Can you tell me where you found these, would love to do something like this for my daughters upcoming college graduation party?

      Delete
    3. @Anonymous,
      Each idea is from a different place on Pinterest...which were you interesting in tracking down?

      Delete
  2. My graduation is coming up too. However, I don't really understand what the hype is about. College is a big deal in my mind, but I can't really see why celebrating the end of high school is necessary? I kind of want to celebrate, who doesn't love a party? :D But I can't seem to see the reason for celebrating. Any tips on getting me out of this rut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that - it's mostly celebrating your accomplishment of one stage of life and a good time to share with your friends and family what exactly you'll be doing next, and why. Or at least, that's the way I see it. Yeah, high school's no huge accomplishment, but it is something, and having that marking moment between one phase and the next is really helpful not just for you but for the other people in your life who want to know "What's next?".

      But if you're not feeling it, I wouldn't worry about it. XD

      Delete
  3. I'm going to NYC with my daddy instead of having a graduation party, but these pictures are lovely!!
    I want to see the final product, okay Carmel? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riley,
      SO JEALOUS. Have so much fun. <3
      I might be convinced to share...;D

      Delete
  4. I would love to see some DIYs! I absolutely love the colors and styles you chose; they are simply beautiful. Congrats on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it, Candice! I've got a few ideas up my sleeve. :)

      Delete
  5. Loving all these wonderful pastel and spring-themed decor ideas!! I love me a pretty balloon arch! But also, those balloons in the first image are too cute.

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, yes! Do please walk us through the planning phase. I'd also love to see the finished product. It looks like you've already got a fantastic start!

    Congratulations on graduating! Isn't it exciting? :) I'm on my last week of school, and graduation itself is in about four and a half weeks. Absolutely cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you do the balloons with confetti in it? It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.