Monthly Goals, April 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

March was a month of work and more work. Now don't get me wrong: I love work, but it does mean that when it came time to write my monthly favorites for March, I realized I didn't really have a lot to talk about. The beauty/fashion products I'm loving have, for the most part, been renewed favorites as I pull out a few cheeky summer pieces from last year and rediscover them (oh hey, old friend :), and I haven't purchased many beauty products this month, which doesn't leave much to be shared!

So instead of talking about what I loved last month, I want to share my goals for the month of April! Here's to looking ahead and working forwards.

1. FINISH THE TWO TOWERS
It wouldn't be one of my goal-lists without a book that need's finishing, would it? I started this in February after finishing The Fellowship for the second time, and needless to say my other British Literature assignments have stood between me and the finish line (also, let's be real, Pinterest has on occasion, too). I'm making it my goal to finish it in April, though. And maybe by telling you all about it, I'll feel more pressure to put in the hours necessary to accomplish that. XD

2. PRACTICE FRENCH AT LEAST 3X A WEEK
I've been getting lazy with practicing my French, even though I've really no excuses. I use an app called DuoLinguo (not sponsored) for keeping myself fresh with the language, and it's really remarkably simple to take 20 minutes out of your day practicing, but I just get lazy and don't. So that needs to change.

3. DRINK MORE WATER
I was on a pretty good regime at the beginning of the year for drinking a gallon of water a day (technically, around 4 litres), but somewhere along the line, amid busyness and getting tired of leaving every class at school once to go to the restroom (tmi? haha) I got out of the habit. I want to get back into it, though, since I love how clear my skin is when I'm properly hydrated. Not to mention it's just plain good for ya. Isn't that what Momma always told us?

4. RUN LONGER
I'm a sprinter. Most of my runs are 1-1.5 miles long, and while I can conquer that in a halfway-decent 8:55 minutes, I would like to work myself up to longer runs, maybe 2 or 3 miles by the end of the month? I'm not very good at this whole training thing, so if you have any advice on how to get better endurance with running, I'd love to hear! Any help is appreciated. :)

5. GO ON SOME ADVENTURES
"Wow, that was hipster of you Carmel. And what does that really mean anyway?"
It means, dear reader, that even if I won't be traveling out of state this month, I'd like to make a more concerted effort to go out of my comfort zone, meet up with people, find new locations for my photography assignments, do things that make me uncomfortable (in a healthy way). An avenue of that, for example, would be finding a better location for my outfit shoots.

"That was still hipster Carmel." (Yeahhh whoops.)
--

What are some things you want to accomplish this month? I almost like monthly goals better than New Year's resolutions because they're smaller, and therefore more attainable - they're also more specific, more concrete, because generally you know what you're going to be doing a month in advance. A year, on the other hand, is always delightfully unpredictable. :)

Check back in next month to see if I've accomplished anything, or just sat on my bum and talked about doing things! They say "you're only as good as your word", but I think it's more like "your word is only as good as your actions," don't you?

5 comments

  1. I need to get in the habit of making monthly goals like this more often. These are great! Drinking more water is always something to keep in mind and I can't wait to see what adventures you go on and all the places you'll take your readers to :)


    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I can't wait to share as well. :)

      Delete
  2. you should come to chattanooga for a photo shoot sometime;)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monthly goals are such a great thing! I love them, though I don't set them. Maybe I should. XD

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.