"Tonight, We Are The Lost & Found" | #OOTD

Monday, April 25, 2016






 
dress: thrifted; similar style here, another gorgeous one here / nude pumps: old navy, old, similar / lipstick: mac "Ruby Woo" / necklace: here
I wore this dress over the weekend to our school's Senior Toast, and I wanted to share it with you all! This dress was such a unique find, to be honest at first I wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I mean...bell sleeves. There's a part of me that squirms at the idea, but these are so graceful and beautiful (the detail of the crochet band along the bicep!) that I kinda fell in love, despite my uncertainty. Because the dress is short, I wore it with biker shorts (no wardrobe malfunctions here!) and it went off without a hitch. For shoes, I decided on low nude pumps - not too high, since the dress isn't long, but still enough to extend my leg line, since the silhouette can be a bit drowning on its own. A pop of bold, matte red to add color, a small brass necklace for detail (this one says "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good," and it's my favorite thing).

I felt like I stepped out of a Bronte novel. Um, heck yes.

Would you dare try the bell-sleeve style? Embrace your inner Marcia Brady? XD

The event itself was fabulous. Another reason for my choosing this dress was because our theme this year was Alice In Wonderland, Tim Burton-style, and the vibe very much about gothic elegance. I had to give a short speech, which went quite well if I do say so myself - I actually ended up doing it as a spoken-word poem! It was really fun to experiment with the style, and as I've done a lot of free-verse and read a lot of spoken-word, I found it came really naturally (so fun!).

Did you do anything fun over the weekend? I want to hear!

10 comments

  1. Oh, this is so neat! I like the bell sleeves, actually. But I've never had a bell sleeved shirt, dress, uh, anything before. Mostly because I know if I tried to eat while wearing it, I would get food all over the sleeves. :P

    I'm glad your speech went well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Yeah, they're a bit tricky when you're trying to get things done (i.e. I wouldn't recommend them while cooking), but for events like this bell sleeves are so fun! :)

      Delete
  2. I adore this dress! and your event sounds like so much fun. Who doesn't like Alice in Wonderland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a blast. I didn't get much sleep last night, but we can always catch up on that later right? ;)

      Delete
  3. oh! this weekend I went and saw Phantom of the Opera with my family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Love Phantom! Did you love it? :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was so wonderful! I saw it in NYC a few year back, so it was cool to see how they've updated it.

      Delete
  4. I've actually been really wanting to get something with bell sleeves lately, they are so pretty! This dress is lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try, Nina!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Love this dress, you're rocking it!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.