Transition | #OOTD

Friday, April 15, 2016









sweater: jon josef, similar / dress: old navy, old, similar that I love! / sneakers: target, white version 
You all know I love spring better than any other time of the year; it's like Christmas Eve, and the anticipation of summer is almost better than summer itself. But sometimes it can be difficult to dress according to that fickle weather. For example, we had delicious 70-degree for a good 3 weeks, and then this past week has been chilly and rainy and...well, fickle. It finally got sunny and a bit warmer the day I took these photos (score!) but you never really know what you're getting into. One of my favorite ways to start to enjoy my summery dresses (because I can't help myself) is layering with a sweater. In this instance, I've worn a sleek turtleneck for a Parisian vibe (when am I not going for that look, I ask you? XD) and little grey sneakers for a more playful vibe. Because the dress is such a statement piece, I kept the shoes and sweater neutral, adding a little pop of red with that favorite wallet of mine.

All in all, I had a lot of fun with this look. What are your favorite ways to transition your wardrobe for spring?

5 comments

  1. I love this outfit! It's a good idea too. :) I usually just grab a jacket or mix lighter clothes with a beanie or other hat. But I love wearing tights with a skater skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do a jacket too, Ashley! Which is why this came about. I got bored. XD

      Delete
  2. This is fun and rather outside the box, which I like! Very Parisienne. I can imagine many girls in Paris going about their daily business like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you picked up on that, Rach! I was definitely going for that look, but sometimes I can't tell if I'm carrying it off or just imagining I am...;P

      Delete
  3. I love the turtleneck underneath the dress! I just bought a gray turtleneck and I've been thinking about doing the same thing! You've inspired me to make it a reality. Thank you!

    Also, this my first time on your blog and I really like it!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.