Like A Rewind | #OOTD

Wednesday, May 04, 2016









I finally pulled out my summer clothes this last week and oh maaaan I'm excited. I had forgotten there were so many good pieces in that box under my bed! Of course, there are a couple gaps that will need to be filled in (there always are) and I did decide to pass on a few items that I feel just aren't me anymore, but overall I think my style has been consistent enough the past year that I'm very happy with what I have.

Which is good, because I really don't need to be spending more money on clothes. XD

So this look is a simply, back-to-basics combination because when you bring out old basics you haven't used in a long time, you want to give them a little love! I was very close to donating this top last year when I was packing away my summer clothes, because I wasn't sure it really suited me - but I'm so glad I kept it! I've definitely been tapping more into my feminine side this spring, and I love the delicate features (the transparent panels at front and back, the peter pan collar, the light, soft fabric...) My sister Rachel pointed out the Audrey vibes immediately, which to be honest I hadn't even been thinking about - but really, can't go wrong with a bit of Hepburnism!

Have you gotten into your Spring/Summer wardrobes yet, friends? Do you find your style stays mostly consistent over the seasons, or do you notice a change every time you rotate? (I'm definitely a little of both!)

White tee: thrifted, similar / less expensive
Hi-waist skinny jeans: old, updated style here
Kitten heels: Anne Klein, thrifted, very similar

11 comments

  1. I love that top! I'm a big fan of collars, peter pan or mock, and those panels give some nice structure. I'm glad you didn't give it away, too. (Unless of course you wanted to give it to me... XD) Personally, I always love my fall/winter clothes more than my spring/summer ones; I like the professional look of collared button-ups and the sass of heeled boots. Nothing makes me feel like I can take on the world like a pair of heeled boots. But I do have some warm-weather tops this year that I've been enjoying, especially the one I'm wearing today: it has a burrowing owl with a monocle and a top-hat, and that's just what I require for taking exams. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amuses me most about my wardrobe is that my warm weather clothes have a completely different vibe than my winter clothes!
    And I adore this shirt- if I had to limit myself to one style element it would be a peter pan collar. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that, Riley. I think my summer clothes are always a bit more preppy than my winter clothes (in winter, I get more grungey...XD)

      I had no idea you loved Peter Pan collars so much! But I can see why -- they suit you. :)

      Delete
  3. So cute! I love the clean look of a white shirt with jeans...but I usually avoid wearing white unless it's a camisole or something. XD (White shows dirt and sweat stains too quickly for me, plus I'm too pale to pull it off, lol.) But it looks fabulous on you!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey! I know, white clothes are such a struggle. I think other than this t-shirt I might have one top that is white that I actually wear - otherwise they just look too dingy too easily. Oh well. The things we do for fashion. XD

      Delete
  4. I love this! That top is adorable so props for not throwing it out! :D Also, yeah: Hepburnism is always a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! And yeah, Hepburnism...I hear the girl who came up with the term is pretty great too. ;)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.