May Goals & What I Accomplished In April

Friday, May 06, 2016

via tumblr
As promised, here is the update on last month's goals and a list of goals for this month!

April Goals Accomplished

Drink More Water
I did drink more water! Mostly. Obviously there were off days and I'm still not back to 1 gal per day, which is where I'd like to be, but overall not bad progress.

Run Longer
My 2-mile runs were major struggles last month, but with practice I'm feeling a lot more comfortable running that distance. 3 miles? Not so much...XD

Go On Some Adventures
Yes! One of my favorite April memories was going out for coffee with my friend Nicole (if you're reading, hello friend!). Both of us were without vehicles for the afternoon, however, so instead we walked! Great fun. Lots of gutters. My feet were filthy, but the coffee was iced and so worth the trek. And there's something to be said for walking places instead of driving, even if there is no conceivable sidewalk. For one thing, you appreciate the weather much more and for another, you get a lot more time for chatting. :)

May Monthly Goals

Finish The Two Towers
Yep, still on the list. I've got about 150 pages left though. Almost there. 

Plan A (Fabulous) Graduation Party
This is more of a to-do list item than a goal per se, but making it everything I want it to be may as well be considered a goal! I have so many ideas that are all over the place right now that pin-pointing them and making them happen could potentially be very difficult. But, as promised, I would love to share the process with you all, and plan on doing so. The one item that's non-negotiable at this point? Pineapple. I'll let your mind wander on that one...

Find The Perfect Graduation Shoes
For the graduation ceremony, the only thing the audience sees are your feet. Everything else is cap-and-gown-shenanigans that I cannot control, but what I can control is what shoes I wear. I'm searching for something bright, colorful, standout, memorable, because that way at least my feet will be my own unique choice, and make a bit of a statement of their own. ^.^ I'll be sure to share them when (and if) I find them!

Run 3 Miles
Since, as I mentioned, I'm pretty comfortable with 2 miles now, I'd like to push myself to three this month. It's all about little goals, right? I think my biggest struggle with running longer distances is boredom - I run out of music/YouTube videos fast-paced enough to keep my off of the running (because when I'm thinking about the running, I get mentally tired a lot faster). I think I just need to start running outside again; the fresh air would probably do me good too...;) 

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Do any of y'all run? What do you do to keep yourself entertained while you do it?

That's all for this month, folks - I'm not putting too much pressure on myself as I just want to enjoy these last moments of school, every bit of them, with the wonderful people around me. 

What are your monthly goals? Did you accomplish your goals, big or small, from last month? Let me know, friends!

4 comments

  1. I have been trying to get into running, I look like a dying chicken but I'm trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FEEL. But the good news is that you're trying - which is much, much better than not trying. ^_^

      Delete
  2. My trick for running is to save the music as a treat halfway through. The first half of my run I'll simply pray or focus on the surroundings. I start to get bored with running around the 1 1/2 or 2 mile mark, which is when I put in upbeat music. That gives me a second wind and enough interest to keep running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good move Kate, I'm going to give this a try! Thank you! :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.