Snippets of Writing: May 2016

Friday, May 20, 2016

via tumblr
Because I don't do these often enough, here are a few clippings of my writing this month (so far):

Most are from Psithurism, as always, because that is what I'm currently working on. You know how it goes. :)
SNIPPETS OF WRITING

"She shook her head again, and the tears were tumbling down into her wordless mouth; she was shaking, rocking, whether from relief or from her sobs, and her hair swayed about her back and on the chair like a curtain caught by a spring breeze.
“Come here,” he whispered, gentler now. He crouched to meet her, eye to eye, and lifted the little elfin chin. “Shall we not now be as we always were?”" -Psithurism

"The forest was silent, save the gentle calls of song-martins on their nests, the occasional scuttle of a squirrel, the rustle of the wind. She listened, stock-still in her tree for a very long time, the silence like a blanket over her. Nothing – nothing – ah, there it was. Beneath the layers was the whisper-stepping of a stag." -Psithurism

"She searched his eyes, and found she could still read him, mystery though they always were! He was grappling, but he was not gone. O God, she prayed, hands supplicated, Thou art ever with me." -Psithurism

"They struggled for several moments at an impasse, the jeering growing louder until it was no more than a senseless roar in Adair’s ears. Listen to your gut, Tarquin had said, and only that will be your master. Master . . . " -Psithurism

"He wished that he could rid himself of this little, probing feeling that was ever present, or to quench the fire in his heart that urged him further and further, though his feet questioned whither. It was as though he had two beasts in his heart, and no matter how hard the other fought to destroy, the one just would not die. Like Renald, there was still a sliver of something in him that would not lie down and comply, though he was beat a hundred times through." -Psithurism

Tell me your favorites! What do you like and dislike? Or best yet, share a snippet of your own writing below!

9 comments

  1. Wow, I love these! :) I think my favorite is the top one, but they're all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm especially attached to the top one. ;) Glad you enjoyed. xx

      Delete
  2. These snippets are so beautiful! paired with the Karlie image I felt like I was being shrouded in gold and light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I was going for! Yus! :)

      Delete
  3. Your writing reminds me of something, but I'm not sure if it's something remembered or just something felt. Those top two sentences are luscious. Almost Tolkien-esque, in their own way. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I in any way recall Tolkien to you, I'm honored. Thank you! <3

      Delete
  4. Absolutely in love with your writing and your name!
    Destinee Nicole | A Dash of Destinee

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! Writing is one of the simplest joys & loves of my life, it's always so inspiring coming across a storyteller! I especially love the line about her hair swaying - so poetic and beautiful. I also LOVE the layout/style of your blog. It's gorgeous!
    hayleysolano.com | Creative Inspiration & Everyday Magic

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.