The Devil Is In The Details | #OOTD

Wednesday, May 11, 2016







Remember these plaid plants? Oddly, I didn't wear them a lot this winter, but I've already worn them 3 times this spring, despite their being an assumed autumn/winter item. I attribute this mostly to the fact that I bought a couple new tops for the summer recently, and they all seem to go with these pants. (Um, no complaints here!)

For example: this navy J. Crew sweater tee. I found this at a thrift store, and one of the details that really won me over was the scalloped edge. This makes it more interesting than a simple t-shirt; le bon Dieu est dans le d├ętail remember? The fabric is a light cashmere, perfect for days of blasting air conditioning during the hot months, or layering with a leather jacket in Autumn. I knew it was going to be a staple in my wardrobe (and at only $8, a complete bargain) but I didn't even think about wearing it with these plaid trousers! I mixed it up a bit with the embroidered loafers, but even with a pair of tan sandals or simple ballet flats it would work wonderfully.

Only now I wish I'd thought to add a neck scarf. Next time, I suppose. :)

Any fun fashion finds you all have discovered recently? What do you think of plaid in the summertime?

DETAILS:
Scalloped Cashmere Tee: thrifted, similar, more affordable option
Plaid Pants: Old Navy, exact (plaid print no longer available but I LOVE the daisy one!)
Embroidered Loafers: thrifted, exact

2 comments

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.