We Wear Our Scarves Just Like A Noose | #OOTD

Monday, May 16, 2016


\



Lauren's recent posts with neck scarves got me hankering for one. I blame her entirely for this new obsession. XD

I helped out at a benefit last week, and one of the silent auction items was this lovely vintage scarf. I'm not normally a scarf girl, unless it's a good blanket scarf, but since neck-ties were on my mind, I found myself falling a little bit in love with this one. I couldn't resist it! The kind woman I was there supporting won it for me (at $7, who can refuse?), so I've been having fun styling it multiple ways this week. Aside from wearing it as a neck-tie, of which alone there are many variations, I also like the look of tying them onto your purse handle; there's just something so personal about it!

I think I used to have this idea that wearing a neck-scarf was only what snooty French women did, and I'm not really sure when that changed in my mind. Maybe there were just too many women looking great wearing them? Far from looking pretentious, I now find they're very fresh and elegant.

What are your thoughts on neck-ties? Yay or nay? How would you style one?

Scarf: vintage, beautiful alternative
Stripe top: thifted, similar
Black skinny jeans: Madewell, old, similar
Purse: thrifted, similar
Nude heels: old, similar

12 comments

  1. Very cute, scarves never seem to look good on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Skye! I always find scarves look too drowning on me, that's why I was surprised by how well this worked. Different things for different people, right? :)

      Delete
  2. I adore scarves, but I don't know that I could pull off a neck-tie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think you could! I would love to see you wearing a little red scarf: I think it would suit you quite well!

      Delete
    2. aw thank you! I should have you style me some day :)

      Delete
  3. I love scarves—a warm crochet/knit or plaid scarf with a heavy coat in winter, light silk or sheer scarf with a spring/fall jacket or just to accessorize an outfit. My mom is wonderful at accessorizing like this, and she got me hooked on it (and showed me some great ways to tie a scarf too!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is that to be said about scarves: they are the soul of versatility. ;) I always love watching tutorials on the many ways to tie a scarf (and coming up with my own!) even if I don't wear scarves very often. :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely, Carmel! I probably couldn't pull off a scarf the way you wear it, but you make it look so chic!

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're too kind! I appreciate it. <3

      Delete
  5. I love this outfit! Not just the scarf -- the whole shebang! That top looks great with those jeans. I'm super fond of scarves and have (probably) too many of them, but most of them are heavier and longer than this -- really too heavy to wear in the spring/summer. I do like this neck-tie look, though. It's very smooth and self-assured. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you much, dear friend!
      I think scarves are very you though: I have too many lipsticks, same thing. Whatever floats your boat.
      I like that you describe it as "self-assured." It's the word I didn't know I needed. ^.^

      Delete
  6. I love scarves! But I mostly own long winter scarves, so I been on the lookout for something more summer-worthy. I also like to use them for my hair. I often use bandanas for my hair so a scarf mixes it up a bit.

    Love that striped black top! Very classic!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.