A Truth So Loud You Can't Ignore | #OOTD

Wednesday, June 08, 2016






Top: T. J. Maxx, similar
Pants: T. J. Maxx, exact (white stripe option no longer available)
Watch: Charming Charlie, exact
Flats: H&M, similar

It's officially summer in the South (well, maybe not according to the calendar, but it sure feels like it!) and we are feeling the heat of it! I love summer, but there are definitely allowances that have to be made with clothing, and one of those is the my standard jeans uniform. I wear jeans nearly every single day during the colder months, so summer definitely pushes me style-wise a lot more! That's not to say that's not a good thing, though. I love finding looser, lighter styles of pants with which to change up my look, while still staying true to my style. Currently, I'm eying culottes especially - and while I'm yet to find my perfect pair of crops (dream pairs here or here) these cropped harem-style pants are pretty dang close.

Style secret of the week: when you tuck under the elasticated ankle-band of a pair of swish harem pants or joggers, the effect is a culotte-style, on the cheap.

 I love that fashion isn't set in stone: you can wear what you want, how you want to and - assuming it looks good - make your clothes work for you!

What ways do you make your wardrobe work for you? Do you have any cheeky style tricks? Do you own some rad culottes, and if so where did you get them??? XD 

Title lyrics from "Youth" by Troye Sivan. 

SaveSave

3 comments

  1. adorable! I love how this outfit looks casual and pulled together all at once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! That's my favorite type of outfit. ;)

      Delete
  2. This looks comfy and super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.