My Desk + Workspace Tour (video)

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

One of my favorite videos to watch on Youtube (aside from travel vlogs because let's face it nothing can beat that) are organizational videos, and specifically, desk tours. It must be the Mrs. Rachel Lynde in me because I love to have a good nosy around in someone else's cupboards, see how they keep things organized and what pretty knick-knacks they keep on their workspace! (Evidence: my home board on Pinterest is almost entirely desk and bookshelf pictures.) It's inspiring to me - makes me want to keep my own space a little cleaner if I'm honest! ;)

So today I'm trying a slightly different medium: a video. Because honestly I don't think you can properly get a feel for a space without the video aspect, and because my filmmaking skills are rusty at best, and this was a good chance to practice. XD



Desk: Ikea Micke Workspace in White
Lamp: Ikea Jansjo Desk Lamp (now wishing I'd got the copper color--love!)
Calendar: Rifle Paper Co. (currently more than 1/2 off!)
Lipstick: Lorac Alter Ego, "Flower Child"
Phone case: Kate Spade
Fragrance: Elizabeth and James "Nirvana White" and "Nirvana Black""Our Moment"
Tea: Ahmad Tea "City of London" tea set

Let me know what you think of this new medium!

Lots of love,
Carmel


11 comments

  1. your captions made me giggle! Love how bright and clean your space it!
    And thank you for not making a 20 minute long video- I prefer the short and sweet ones x) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. Ain't nobody got time for that! XD

      Delete
    2. "Oh this video looks interesting!
      and it's 37 minutes long. NEVER MIND."

      Delete
  2. So fun! I hope you make more videos! :D
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I'm hoping to bring this aspect in a little bit more with this blog. :)

      Delete
  3. Love your space, it's very inspiring. The succulent named Hamilton, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, Skye! Oh yeah, I take my fandoms seriously. XD

      Delete
  4. I love the makeup storage. Also, I'm digging this kind of post! MORE PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really fun! I loved seeing your space. Amazing that you actually have a desk and that it's actually organized and all that. I use our ex kitchen table for my "Desk" and it's a relentless hodge-podge of awful and beautiful creativity but a tour of it would be over in two flat seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love desk tours! I really like that "shute". I've never seen one in a desk before. Your spaces looks so homey and nice. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.