New York Native | #OOTD

Monday, June 13, 2016





Top: Ralph Lauren, old, updated here
Wide-leg Trousers: Brandy Melville, thrifted, similar
Sandals: Thrifted, similar
Purse: Thrifted, similar
Watch: Charming Charlie
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Lipstick: Lorac Alter Ego Lipstick, "Flower Child"

I don't remember if I've mentioned these pants on the blog before, but these things are insane. Seriously, combine all the added-height-illusion and breezy-cool factors of a maxi skirt, with the complete comfort of knowing that your skirt will never fly up because oh hey, it's actually pants and you have the amazingness that is the wide-leg trouser. Not to mention it's about the pinnacle piece for that chic, carefree New York-native vibe, which I'm all over at the moment. I've found that the best way to keep from looking overwhelmed by the amount of fabric in the pants is to balance it with a fitted tee. Flats are the best for keeping your vibe casual and easy-going, and for a touch of definition, a good-looking watch can never go wrong. I like the punch of brightness the crossbody and reflective sunglasses add, especially since blue and orange are complimentary colors.

Basically, I'm all ready to go strolling through Central Park - anyone want to come with? ;)

In other news, it's been near 100 degrees for the past 3 days and I'm so craving a city to explore, properly soaking in the sun and having iced coffee available at every corner. What are your dream summer locales?

9 comments

  1. I LOVE THESE PANTS!!! Cute purse too!

    Also, iced coffee + summer day = happiness. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you girly! <3
      Right?? I'm craving iced coffee almost always at the moment. XD

      Delete
  2. pretty sure I saw people in NY rocking this vibe!
    my goal on that trip was to not look like a tourist and I'd like to think I accomplished that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! That's awesome. And I'm sure you did. :)

      Delete
  3. First, I absolutely love this outfit, and you look adorable. Second, my outfit post that will go live in a few days is me wearing a micro striped tee and black pants. Great minds think alike! I'm with you on the city exploration and iced coffee...all the iced coffee. :)
    -Lauren
    http://www.musingsofaflowerchild.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!
      Look at us being all accidentally matchy! Haha. That is so great. :)

      Thanks for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  4. I love your nails, and those pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable and I love that your shots are outside this time! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.