4 Ways To Look More Awake

Wednesday, July 13, 2016


img via tumblr / graphic mine

I've had my share of sleepless nights. In high school, I was never the girl who stayed up until two AM studying (I preferred to study in the morning as I felt I got more out of it then) but that didn't mean I didn't stay up until 2 AM anyway! (I'm a late night movie watcher. It's a problem.) And while I've curbed those habits somewhat since I had to start getting up at 5 AM regularly, I still have my nights of less-than-5-hours sleep, especially when I'm traveling, and it's just not pretty. Sometimes it feels like plain ol' concealer won't do the trick, and sometimes you were so tired last night you (gasp) forgot to take off your makeup, and your skin is a mess.

Through cases of heinous under-eye-bags to aggravated acne, I've learned a lot about what helps and what doesn't, and I want to share with you my best tips, so you can go to work/out into the world feeling like the beautiful woman you are, and not a grumpy sleep-deprived tigress. XD

1. REDUCE
If you've got puffy under-eye bags, one of my favorite tricks is to apply a cold green tea bag to the area for 3-5 minutes. If you don't have the time/forethought to refrigerate them, (aka me, always), you can chill them quickly by steeping them in ice water for a minute, for the same affect. Massage the excess tea-liquid into your skin after removing for the best results!

2. HYDRATE
When your skin is tired, it's usually because it's lacking moisture. Normally, I don't use a day-cream, but when I don't get much sleep, what really helps me is to add that extra layer of hydration. Splash your face with cold water, pat dry gently and apply 1.5 pumps of Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ as the base for your healthy glow.

3. HIGHLIGHT
The best way to fake that I've-Slept-Hours look is to pack on the glow-factor. I like to apply a dollop of Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream all over my face - but especially on my cheekbones and forehead - before putting on my foundation for that lit-from-within look.

4. LIFT
You'd be surprised what a difference a little lash-curl can give! I don't always have time for a perfect cat-eye eyeliner (which does wonders at making you look more perky), but I can make up for it by crimping my lashes and giving them a thorough brush-through with my favorite mascara, Benefit They're Real. My favorite eyelash curlers are these from Revlon, because unlike some others I've tried, they don't bend your lash (ouch!) but press it in a rounding, upward motion.

I hope these tips are helpful to you all! If you have any tricks of your own to share, I'd love to know!

2 comments

  1. The dreaded eye bags, I have never tried the tea trick.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.