AUGUST: Goals + Aspirations

Wednesday, August 03, 2016



photo taken somewhere along the NC coast, July 28th, 2016

I've said this probably every time a new month swings by but how is it August?!
I can't believe how fast this year and especially this summer have flown by, and I definitely feel I haven't accomplished as much as I'd hoped. But isn't that always the case? Even though I didn't accomplish many of my July goals, I'm plunging straight into August - no regrets - and squeezing the marrow out of every last moment of this summer.

1. WRITE MORE
You're probably laughing already. "Isn't this your goal every month, Carmel?" Well, yes, yes it is! And it's a good one, I'd like to think. I'm never writing as much as I would like to be, and frankly, I've just been lazy about it lately. It's easier to sit down and read a book or a blog post, but to create your own content? That takes a bit more effort. I'm still figuring out details about what this coming semester will look like without school, so since I don't know how much or how little time I will have, I fully intend to make use of the time I have now. And stop watching so many Casey Neistat vlogs, dangit!

2. GET OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE (at the gym)
I've had a consistent workout regime since January - I work out for one hour sessions, three times a week, and I really enjoy it! But I'm running a little low on exercise inspiration at the moment, and most of the time just end up running + doing a few classic exercises afterwards (pushups, russian twists, squats, etc). Which is fine, but I want to change it up a little more, and maybe try some classes at my gym? One thing I'd especially love to do is a boxing class! I've seen so many people go to them and have a blast, and who wouldn't want to get fit while learning self-defense and simultaneously feeling like a boss?

Have you tried any workout (esp. boxing) classes? What were your thoughts??

3. JUST GET OUTSIDE IN GENERAL
As I've probably mentioned here before, I currently work two jobs, and spend a lot of time on my laptop as a tangent to that. As a result, most of my summer has passed sitting at various desks around the house, and not enough time in the outdoors! I'm teaching myself to appreciate it now and at least sit outside at the coffee shop, dear, because I know come winter, I'll wish I had.

4. DOWNSIZE
I'm a nerdy little lady and I really love to clear things out. Something I really want to focus on as summer comes to a close is buying less, and appreciating what I currently have - and at the end of the month, I want to do a big clear-out. Not just clothes this time, but makeup too, and papers, and all the random clutter under my bed - you get the gist. Nothing makes me more excited for the change of seasons than the opportunity to declutter. I can't wait, y'all.

Do you have any goals in mind for the month of August? Share below! I find that telling my goals to other people helps keep me accountable, and makes me about 110% more likely to follow through. But maybe that's just me?

8 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely, Cici! Best of luck to you. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't done any of my summer goals, and my writing has completely stopped. Good luck with yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that Skye! I hope you find the inspiration to get started again. :)

      Delete
  3. I love love love going to classes!!! it keeps me motivated because I can't skip out on my workout early and its something different that just running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! I really need to just get over my fear of looking like a fool in front of people I don't know (lol) and do it. :)

      Delete
  4. I did a kickboxing class once and it nearly killed me, but it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.