Transitional Stripes | #OOTD

Wednesday, August 31, 2016


Back at it again with the camera experiments, aren't I? :)

Confession time: I haven't been super inspired to blog the past week or two. I think it's pretty normal - for me at least - to experience this drag between seasons, and I'm definitely at the place where, no matter how much I love summer (and I love. summer.) I know it's come to a close and I just want to get on with the next step! Some of the ways I've been combatting that is by really reading other people's blogs - sounds so simple, but sometimes I forget to explore this amazing community I'm a part of, and I always forget how much I'm missing out on! A post I especially loved this week was Lauren's Weekender post, because it sparked a new discovery: Refinery29's Lucie Fink's YouTube series! Every week, Lucie tries a new trend (juice cleanses, living on a $50 weekly budget, sleeping 10 hours a night, etc) for 5 days to see what it's all about, and to share her experiences. Each video is only 5 minutes, so quick and fun to watch at a break in your work! I may or may not have gotten sucked into an internet vortex and wached like ten of them...

Suffice it to say, this little YouTube binge ended up being exactly the inspiration I needed to get up and create again. Not to mention I deep-cleaned my desk, archived old Important Papers and filed current ones, and overall just got the adulting side of my brain dusted and up to snuff. Now how's that for inspiration?

Discovered anything new on the internet recently? How do you deal with style/life ruts?

OUTFIT DETAILS--
Dress: Forever 21
Black and straw strappy wedges: old, similar
Purse: Kate Spade
Watch: Similar

2 comments

  1. oh my word I love the Lucie Fink series! They're so quirky and fun!
    and this outfit rocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeees! I'm so glad I found someone else who loves them too! <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.