All Summer Long | #OOTD

Wednesday, September 07, 2016


IT'S FINALLY COOL.

Or at least, it was under 80 degrees a couple days ago when I took these photos. But hey, it's a start and I'm all about it. 70 degrees: isn't it just the ideal temperature? Comfortable enough to wear light clothes, not so hot that you can't sit outside all the dang. day. I think that's why I like temperate days best, actually: because I can spend the whole day outside comfortably. And I always feel better when I've been out in open air more. :)

On a slightly different note, I recently picked this top up from Plato's Closet, and I'm a little bit obsessed. There really is nothing like a good Breton top, but I thought between black-and-white striped and navy-and-white striped, I'd covered all the bases I'd ever be interested in. (Who even needs three different Breton tops anyway??)

Ehehe. heh. heh. 

Apparently I couldn't resist the navy and red pull of this one. I feel so patriotic! And French! Simultaneously! More shocking is the fact that it's color (a very little bit, but still) and I love it. For once, I didn't wish I was black. Lol. XD

But, as always, it was the way it fits that sealed the deal. I especially love that it's not too thick or voluminous to tuck into whatever I'm wearing on bottom: it's slim, fitted and chic, just the way a Breton top ought to be - in my book at least!

What are you loving at the moment? Have you enjoyed any cool weather yet in your neck of the woods? 

OUTFIT DETAILS --
Red Sox Ball Cap: Similar
Striped Breton: Similar, similar
Old Navy Boyfriend Shorts: Exact
Vintage Coach Bucket Bag: Similar, dupe
Watch: old, similar
Gladiator sandals: old, similar

4 comments

  1. Girl, we are thinking on the same circuit here. My favorite outfit this summer has been a Brooks Brothers long sleeve navy/black and red tee I picked up on sale in May with chambray shorts. Great minds, thinking alike. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yeah! Look at us twinning across the country like nobody's business. XD

      Delete
  2. Plato's Closet is my favorite thrift store atm! At least 1/2 of my wardrobe is from there.

    Such a cute top :) You also can pull of hats quite well!!!

    I envy the weather there- where I live it's still in the 90's. Whoohoo. I'm counting the days until October when I can actually go outside! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! :)
      Yeah, unfortunately we're back in the 90's again, but it was nice to get a little taste of Autumn in advance...;)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.