How to Make: Blueberry Overnight Oats (video) #carmelinthekitchen

Friday, September 02, 2016

via tumblr


Happy September! I thought it was high time for another video endeavor over here, so today I'm sharing with you my current favorite breakfast: blueberry overnight oats. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again: i love cereal. And I've been lazy and haven't made granola in ages, plus it's a bit of a struggle to bring to milk and cereal to work in the mornings. I was looking for a new breakfast option. Enter the overnight oats.

Backtrack for a minute with me: I've made overnight oats before, and honestly wasn't a fan. The idea of cold oats was weird to me, and when I microwaved them, they were less than satisfactory (pro tip: don't do this). I realized I was looking at this all the wrong way!

When you soak the oats in the milk, blueberries + honey overnight, not only do the oats take on a thicker texture, but the milk becomes sweet and blue and basically the best ever. All you have to do is dump and eat, and it's basically cold cereal on the go. I love it a lot. It's healthy, filling and gives me needed energy throughout the morning and my workout!

Also a bonus: oatmeal is cheap and chips, so this is a great way to change up the old staple while still saving money.

Give it a go and let me know what you think!

Cheers! xx

4 comments

  1. I need to try this- seems like a good college girl breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for on the go! Definitely give it a whirl. :)

      Delete
  2. I read this blog post last night and whipped up your recipe...

    OH MY GOSH. SO GOOD. SO EASY! I love this!

    I used stevia in place of honey (because we are currently out of honey at the moment), unsweetened almond milk for milk substitute, and it tastes wonderful! This is definitely going to be my new school morning breakfast.

    Thank you for sharing! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I'm so glad you liked it! That's perfect. <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.