#NYFWSS17 | OOTD

Monday, September 12, 2016

In the spirit of New York Fashion Week, (which I have yet to attend...*crosses fingers*), I wanted to share a fun and somewhat adventurous outfit today.


The thing about fashion week is this: it's the one time a year (or technically, twice) that you can wear whatever the heck you like and it's considered cool. It's Fashion Week! Anything goes.


And while sometimes that results in the wildest of concoctions, other times it could be the birth of a beautiful new trend. (Who was it that said "art is breaking the rules"?)


I'm still loving neck scarves, and statement tees, and thigh-high slits - and so today, instead of picking one, I decided to go for all three! And frankly? I don't know why I didn't think of this combination before. So fun.

Have you all been tracking the shows online? I've especially loved pictures from J. Crew's show, as well as the #TOMMYXGIGI extravaganza! 

OUTFIT DETAILS: NECK SCARF (VINTAGE: SIMILAR, AFFORDABLE) / GRAPHIC TEE (SIMILAR) / SLIT SKIRT (THRIFTED, SIMILAR) / SANDAL WEDGES (similar) / WATCH / SUNGLASSES

4 comments

  1. I love this outfit, Carmel! Adventurous and so well done! Also, maxi things make you look SO TALL. It's really strange. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRLL you have no idea how that makes my day. I've always wanted to be tall. (Also, it's all about those camera angles ;) <3

      Delete
  2. Loooove this. The skirt with the tee is so cool. I dig it.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.