My Go-To Autumn Look (with Lauren of Chic Éthique)

Friday, October 21, 2016



Hello friends! After taking the day to celebrate my birthday yesterday, spending time with family, eating macarons and reading, I'm feeling much more refreshed and excited about this season. I was getting in a bit of a rut artistically, which I'm not sure if you noticed here or not, in which I just didn't feel like creating. I still wrote and posted, because in the long run I knew I would regret it if I'd stopped, but I wasn't feeling as inspired as usual, for some reason. (It didn't help that it's basically been summer again the past week, and I was just planning to switch over to my Autumn wardrobe...)

Anyway. It's Friday, and I've got something really fun to share with you today! I've teamed up with Lauren of Chic Ethique to talk about go-to Autumn looks. Lauren is an Arkansas style blogger and music tutor, with a passion for ethical, slow fashion! Her style is effortless Parisian chic, which is one of the reasons (among others) that I think we get along so well. While I share my casual go-to look for Autumn, be sure to pop over to Chic Ethique and see how Lauren does dressed-up Autumn staples!

I definitely have a uniform for the colder months, and though I try to mix it up as much as possible, there are some things that you just always come back to. I'm all about elevating classics, both for a casual day running errands and working, or dressing nice for an evening out (which can be tricky as the temps start dropping!)



This look is your simple sweater/jeans/flats combination, but to keep it from being boring, I've mixed a few things up. Here's a hint: it's all in the nips and tucks!

1. I've picked an oversized turtleneck with a lot of texture and character to it. It's not your run-of-the-mill sweater, and it has a nice weight to it.





2. Because the sweater is thick, I tend to shove the sleeves all the way up, which, when paired with the roll neck flipped up, and ballet flats, definitely has a dancer-esque feel that I'm loving at the moment! Ballet-inspired is a really neat trend this fall.




3. It wouldn't be Autumn for me without a classic dark lip. My favorite at the moment is M.A.C. Bowl Me Over because it's the perfect vampy shade, right between a deep plum and merlot. I'm indecisive. I love that this lets me be both. ;)

(I would definitely recommend a lipliner with this one though-- it's a bit drying.)




Classic black flats, a good pair of jeans and my favorite leather cross body (stolen from my sister--what else are sisters for?? ;) complete the look. (And sunglasses. Because I wear them whatever the weather.)

Casual, classic Autumn fashion sorted! Perfect for brunch, shopping, or just everyday wear.

Be sure to click through to Lauren's blog to see the rest of this post: how to style a classic Autumn evening look! 

OUTFIT DETAILS--
Old Tommy Hilfiger Sweater: New TommyXGigi version is very similar (and very gorgeous)
Gap Boyfriend Jeans: Very similar, and on sale!
H&M Ballet Flats: exact.
Juicy Couture Crossbody: old, updated version.
Forever 21 Sunglasses: exact.
Lipstick: M.A.C. Bowl Me Over
Gold rings: Old Navy, old, similar.

SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments

  1. happy birthday love :) Love this outfit and the ballet vibe!
    I'm ready for fall. It was chilly enough to wear boots today and I'm was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love. :)
      Yes, it's gotten chilly in the past 2 days here too! Of course it fluctuates but it feels cold now, so I'm happy. ;)

      Delete
  2. Really love this outfit, especially with the dark lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a little concerned at first that it wouldn't be visible enough in the photos, but I think we're all good. ;)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.