How To Do: Menswear-Inspired Style (with No Nonsense) | #OOTD

Monday, October 17, 2016

Happy Monday, friends! 
I've partnered with No Nonsense a couple of times before, first to share How To Wear Knee Socks, then a post on Athleisure (still a favorite of mine!) and most recently, a post about Wardrobe Essentials - but I have to say, this is my favorite so far. Today I'm sharing with you my spin on menswear-inspired fashion (one of my favorite looks to play with!), without actually borrowing from the boys. Because in real life, your boyfriend's jeans don't actually look that cute on you. (Sorry.)

But that doesn't mean we can't take a few cues from the leading men in fashion! 


One of my favorite ways to do menswear is with a solid blazer; in the cooler months, I love the look of plaid wool especially. This one I purchased second-hand, which was amazing as finding a blazer that fits me all the right places is difficult at department stores as it is! In case you're not so lucky, though, I've linked a few below to help you (if you're in the market for one). Don't forget that tailoring makes a huge difference, too: never underestimate the power of a few well-placed stitches to take an okay-ish blazer and make it an amazing piece.





What I love best about menswear-inspired fashion is juxtaposition. There's nothing like the contrast between a crisp, sharp piece and a delicate one! Today I've worn heavy wool with lightweight floral; another great combination is denim and lace, or satin and leather. Finding ways to enjoy that masculine silhouette without loosing those feminine touches is one of my favorite fashion games to play.


Finally, nothing brings home a truly masculine vibe like good earthy colors. I'm loving olive this season, so these leggings from No Nonsense are the perfect way to play with the shade! I love that these are more of a dark olive, unlike most of the other pants I've seen on the market. They're thick, but they're still leggings, which means they're incredibly comfortable to run around in - and I'm always a fan of that! 


How do you do menswear?

OUTFIT DETAILS--
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Black cross body: Old Juicy Couture, updated version here
Olive leggings: Shadow Olive Twill Leggings c/o No Nonsense
Leather loafers: exact

2 comments

  1. I adore this entire look and PROPS TO YOU for finding that blazer. Elbow patches... :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT. I love the elbow patches. <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.