The Chic Sheet, v. 3

Saturday, October 01, 2016

images via respective links below

It's official, guys! It's October, my favorite month of the year. (Actually, May might still be my favorite. But it's a close race.) And with the return of pumpkins and sweaters and fog, it's easy to slide into a habit of more lazy cosiness and less intentional productivity. I know that after a long day of work, I'd so much rather just watch youtube videos in bed, but So today's #ChicSheet focus is going to be all about little ways I'm going to try to be more intentional with my time this weekend! (Hint: it doesn't have to be work.)

5 Tips To Stay Healthy While Traveling | The Chriselle Factor
October is shaping up to be quite a busy month for me, and in case you haven't noticed, staying on top of my fitness routine despite hurdles is pretty important to me. But believe it or not, the reason I love this post is not because the tips are solid (which they are. so there's that too.) but because the photography. Oh my word. New York and sunshine and fit fashion? I've found my new #goals. Scratch that, Chriselle's whole blog at the moment is #goals.

DIY: Gingham Flutter Sleeve Top | Merrick's Art
I'm rubbish at DIY's as your probably know, mostly because I'm terrible at following instructions and usually just wing anything and everything (which is why you'll never see a DIY around here that requires more than a bit of glue and paper, ha!) but this top looked pretty easy and super adorable, and my sewing skills could always use some work. Since I'm all about learning new skills, this looks like the perfect challenge (but first on the agenda: to find the perfect fabric. Stay tuned!)

Inside The Bag: Jenna Lyons Edition
Despite the recent blogger-bash from senior Vogue editors over Fashion Week (read about it here), I'm still a fan of their productions. They just do a solid job of making short fashion films, which are honestly my favorite type of youtube video out there! This peek inside Jenna Lyons' bag was fun, kitschy and also kinda made me want to wear a printed pink silk shirt, which I can honestly say has never been a fashion craving of mine. Who knew it could look so chic?

Paris Fashion Week Travel Guide | Margo and Me
This exhaustive guide is enough to make any Paris-lover a bit giddy.  I've never been to Paris. I would love to visit Paris. This city guide is like a condensed version of Le Shop Guide (looove) and it definitely made me happy just thinking about the prospect and making mental notes of the places I knew were right up my alley. You know, for future reference and all that. ;)

Warning: this post could give you serious travel fever.

Here's to a productive, cosy first weekend of October! I'm hoping to finally finish reading my Hamilton biography and maybe do some yoga (it's been too long). What are you planning, friends? 

2 comments

  1. I love October. It's finally starting to get a bit chilly here in Mississippi!
    Looking forward to a lighter week of school and then fall break ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting chilly here too! Yay!
      You got this, friend. :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.