Audrey in Autumn | All Black Everything #OOTD

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Back to my roots today. XD


I've been experimenting with a lot of colors and patterns and textures recently, and loving being more adventurous with my style than I have been in the past. But, at the end of the day, I always come back to black. (Betcha didn't see that coming did you? ;)

People say black is dull, boring, plain, but what I've realized is that most people are so afraid of blending in by wearing black, that a completely black ensemble makes a statement without trying. Everyone else is in color. You cut a contrast.



Little Chanel-inspired block-heel flats and a fitted high-neck top gives me that Audrey Hepburn flair that is my go-to, especially in Autumn. I can't almost taste the croissants and coffee, smell the crisp air of a New York sunrise, and see the Tiffany's shop window...





(Seriously though, I wish I'd brought my coffee on this shoot because it was chilly! Unfortunately, it gets dark so early these days that I barely got these shots in without a coffee break...;)



No pop of color needed, no statement necklace or statement jewels: just all black errrthang, in really simple wardrobe staples. Because simple is rare these days. 


There's nothing that makes me feel more empowered, or honestly, more like myself. 

Also like a ninja. Because ninjas are cool. XD

+ outfit details +
top: mossimo (similar)
jeans: madewell
shoes: anne klein, old (updated, also similar \\ actual chanel flats)
bag: kate spade (exact \\ similar)
sunglasses: charming charlie 

6 comments

  1. I love this look. So chic. Also, many have said it so far but I'm enjoying the new shoot location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm enjoying taking a little coffee break to go shooting too (get that fresh air and all), so it's a win-win all round. :)

      Delete
  2. BRUH black is my favorite color, and most of my clothes are black...so this is my jam. Definitely my jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black, love the Amy Winehouse reference. :D
    -Lauren
    http://www.chic-ethique.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I didn't even notice that! And thank you. ;)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.