California Autumn | #OOTD

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Hello and welcome to November! Can you believe it? Yesterday the month started off with beautiful blue skies, crunchy leaves, coffee...and a temperature reminiscent of the first day of August!!

I'm not joking though, you guys. I think I'm getting more use out of my summer wardrobe this
autumn than I did this summer! So since it was terribly hot yesterday, I decided to look at the warmth a different way, and make the most of it.




Out came my favorite oversized tee from In-N-Out Burger. (The best burger in the world, and don't let anyone tell you differently! And I'm usually more of an East Coast girl! But you can't beat In-N-Out for freshness and flavor.)  I put on my largest pair of sunglasses and looked at Autumn not as unseasonably warm, but Californian. I'll take a green juice with that, please.




Of course I can never seem to dress without a nod to New York: it's my constant style inspiration and the one vibe that always feels 100% me. I pulled out my favorite (and only) pair of frayed denim and some pointed leopard flats to complete the look and still feel like I was staying true to my style.



It's not Paris, but it'll do. *wink*

OUTFIT DETAILS--
In-N-Out Tee: Exact (unisex sizing: I would go down one size.)
Fray-hem Skinny Jeans: Old, very similar
Leopard Flats: Old, very similar // bargain
Tassel Earrings: Charming Charlie
Sunglasses: Charming Charlie
Lipstick: Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang"

5 comments

  1. So lovely! And yes! You can't beat In-N-Out, but then, I am from California. ;)
    Happy November!
    -Lauren
    http://www.chic-ethique.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren!
      How did I not know you're from California? Are you familiar with the Carmel Bay area, aka my namesake? (It's my favorite place, coincidentally. <3)

      Delete
  2. I love your new shooting location! I love seeing the leaves and trees in the background :)
    Have I ever told you that these are my favorite pair of jeans that you wear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm having so much fun shooting in the street - even if it requires a walk. Exercise, right? ;)
      Why thank you, m'dear!

      Delete
  3. DUDE. I'm so in love with this outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.