December Goals, 2016

Wednesday, November 30, 2016


lipstick: mac "ruby woo" | watch: vintage, similar | notebook: exact | calendar: rifle paper co, old; 2017 edition here. // single Moscow print here.

It's not quite December, but I like setting out my goals ahead of time, and I know you guys probably do too. I'm a pretty goal-oriented person, actually: I think in general, when people don't have a clear end to work toward, it's very hard to find any sort of motivation for moving forward!

That got a lot more serious than I intended, but anyway - here we are. My goals for the month of December, in no particular order, but for the purpose of staying on track and holding ourselves accountable!


1. BE PRESENT
I think it's so easy to get caught up during the last month of the year with sales, shopping and feeling like you need to fit in a certain number of parties/movie nights/traditions in order to have "had the full holiday experience." I know last year I definitely felt like I rushed around the entire month, and still didn't accomplish everything I initially planned to! I think slowing down and really enjoying even the simplest, in-between moments makes for a much more enjoyable holiday. Nights at home spent with or FaceTiming/calling your family, listening your favorite Christmas music with a cup of peppermint tea, or even just finding a few minutes to yourself on your breaks at work, to reflect and breathe. I intend to be present.

2. READ
I just started a third job, which means that pretty much any free time I have will be channeled into this blog. Which is good! I don't intend to stop blogging any time soon. ;) All the same, I want to make sure I'm reading at least a little bit every day, so as to be constantly improving my mind for my own purposes, too - not just learning the ins and outs of someone else's company.

3. STAY ON TRACK
...With my health goals! With sugary treats and heavy comfort food abounding, I'm making it a firm goal to stick to my regime (no sugar, minimal/no dairy) during the next three-ish weeks, so that I can enjoy splurging a little again during Christmas with no regrets!

4. STAY ON BUDGET
Along with health goals, I also have financial goals. It's so tempting to just buy all the pretty things during the Christmas season, and I love giving gifts, so I easily fall into the category of overspending.  Not this year! I'm in the process of making a Christmas-spending budget, categorized by people I need to spend for (and hopefully with a little wiggle room for a Christmas Eve dress. ;) If you have any tips, I'd love to hear!

5. GET OUTSIDE MORE
I haven't just gotten outside and done some landscape photography for my own purposes in so. long. I know whenever I do it's like creative therapy, so I'm making it a public goal, right here, to get outside and shoot more! (And feel free to digitally poke me if I don't, haha!) Would you guys be interested in seeing some of my landscape photography, if I do accomplish this goal?

That's all for today! Here's to a productive last few weeks of the year. Go get 'em!

What's one goal you have for the month of December?

10 comments

  1. That's an awesome set of goals you have there. And PLEASE do share landscape photos. A form of accountability for you and pleasure for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate! I'll be sure to pop up some shots as soon as possible. :)

      Delete
  2. THOSE PENS ARE THE BEST!!!! I literally write by hand with no other. :)

    Wonderful goals! One goal I have is to finish a western short story I am writing as a Christmas gift for my youngest sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AREN'T THEY?!

      That's so sweet, Eowyn! Best of luck to you. :)

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful goals! I've enjoyed following your blog for a while, and you have some great tips. :) Yes, I would love to see some landscape photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katherine! I'm glad you're enjoying the content! <3

      Delete
  4. We need to talk budgeting, girl. Tell me all about your budgeting plans and how you keep organized on that topic, because I am in dire need of budgeting help. ;) It just hit me hard today how much I've been spending this Christmas season, and I feel so icky because of it. Like you, I love giving gifts, and I think that has gone a little overboard!

    So, yeah, if you could either call me with advice or do a blog post on budgeting soon... that'd be great. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl. I totally understand. Keep your eyes pealed for a rundown on budgeting, software, etc! :)

      Delete
  5. Well, I'd like to start by passing my juries and finals ;)
    Then I just want to spend a happy Christmas break with my family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, wouldn't it? ;)
      Yes! No better goal. <3

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.