Les Essentiales Automnes | #OOTD

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

I've been majorly tapping into Parisian vibes this Autumn, if you couldn't tell. It's the season of the never ending neck scarf for me, and I'm loving it!




I think Parisian-inspired fashion is often misconstrued to mean a certain striped top, ballet flats, and maybe even a beret. Probably some blush pink. But what I've observed of Parisian street-style (from my corner of the internet...take this with a grain of salt!) it seems to be so much more than that. It's about off-whites and seriously well-made neutrals. It's about amazing little structured handbags, and vintage pieces. It's minimal makeup and browny-nude lip shades, and I-woke-up-like-this hair.


Some Parisian Autumn Essentials--
1. a little black bag.
2. cream sweaters, cosy but not too chunky.
3. the black skinny jean, aka the crux of modern french fashion.
4. tousled hair.
5. leather flats.



The neck scarf just brings home the French style vibes, but on it's own it doesn't necessarily make a look French. It's all the little things together that give it that je ne sais quoi.


...or so I'm hoping! I certainly feel French, which says something right?


The search for French cool girl style is endless. I'm enjoying the journey. ;)

OUTFIT DETAILS--
Neck tie: Thrifted, similar.
White merino sweater: Thrifted, similar.
Black skinny jeans: Madewell, thrifted.
Leather loafers: Crown Vintage "Marlo" via DSW.
Lips: MAC "Patisserie" and Rimmel 1000 Kisses "Spice"
Kate Spade Kay Street Mini Pebble Felix

8 comments

  1. okay this is my favorite - i adore the simplicity and the french girl look.

    You are so pretty in all these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parisian vibes are the best vibes. ;) Love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hannah! Yes-- Parisian for life. ^.^

      Delete
  3. That is a fabulous look on you! Mind checking out the brand new BLES Magazine? I'd love to hear your opinion!
    xx

    BLES Magazine: the online magazine about Beauty Life Entertainment & Style!


    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are GORGEOUS. Love this ensemble!

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.