I've shared a few recipes on here in the past, but generally I try to keep them healthy, simply because I'm not a food blogger, and I feel like it's not really the purpose of this blog. But! In the spirit of all things Autumn, and because I posted a picture of this on my Instagram story the other day and got quite a few recipe-requests, I'm breaking the rules a little bit today. ;)
And best of all? Super simple. (If you're clever about it, you can use one measuring cup for the whole process, as all are multiples of a 1/2 cup. ;) Perfect for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning - or any morning, really, when you want something nicer but don't feel like cleaning up a ton of dishes. The longest part of the process is the baking -- 40 min in the oven.
If you do try it, let me know what you think!
*Maybe it's the apples? ;)
Gramma's Apple Cinnamon Bread
-1/2 cup butter/shortening (I like to do half of each)
-1 cup sugar
-1 1/2 tsp vanilla
-1/2 tsp sea salt (sea salt instead of table salt makes all the difference, I swear)
-2 tsp baking powder
-2 cups all purpose flour
-1 tsp cinnamon
-2 large apples, chopped well (3 cups)
-1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp light brown sugar
1. Cream section I ingredients for a few minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
2. Slowly mix in section II ingredients.
3. Stir in section III ingredients, being careful not to break apple bits too much.
4. Spoon into wax-lined baking tin, and sprinkle with topping.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 40-45 min.
6. Let cool and set for 10 minutes before serving.
Best with just a bit of butter and a cup of strong coffee! Enjoy. Xx