Thanksgiving Table Decor Ideas: Natural and Polished

Monday, November 07, 2016


Brianna Wachter is about 90% responsible for this post. XD

Similar to how I shared my design inspiration with my Graduation Party back in the Spring, I wanted to share my Thanksgiving table inspiration with you all! For the past 5 years at least, I've become unspoken head decorator of our family's table. I think it's really something that happened naturally: one year I was directed to set the table and decided to take it further than the usual flatware + a few turkey stencils. After that it just became tradition - for me to decorate the table, but also to "out decorate" myself each year. Last year I strung lights along the center of the table, and filled it with white candles, greenery, squashes and a brown paper base. (see above.) This year, I'm thinking a similar vibe, but possibly adding in rose gold instead of the lights...let me know if you'd like to see the completed project!

I had so much fun culling inspiration and finding new ideas to incorporate this year, so I hope you find some inspiration from these as well! (I can't believe how close Thanksgiving is already oh my word.)


lavender place setting via.


rosemary placecard tutorial here.


burberry-style place setting tutorial here.


spray painted pinecone tutorial here.


place setting tutorial here.


gold spray painted branches tutorial here.


wheat centerpiece via style me pretty.


fig + rosemary place setting inspiration via.



Cheers!
SaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments

  1. Carmel! You just reminded me I need to write my Thanksgiving table inspiration post...so thanks for that! This transitioning back into blogging is an adjustment. :) Love your inspiration photos...the figs and gold branches...perfect! Please tell me you plan on sharing the final result?

    Hugs,
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! ;)

      Of course I'll share the finished project! (So long as you share yours ;)

      Delete
  2. This is so, so fun! Last year for Thanksgiving I didn't get any photos that I remember, but I lined the entire expanse of our 30-person banquet table brouhaha with fresh autumn leaves, vines, branches, and seedpods and it was beautiful. Also, the Wachters SLAY in the decorating department.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like this! I'd love to see your inspiration too.
      I think I remember seeing a picture of all you guys lined in on Instagram! But whether the decor was visible or not is beyond my memory. Either way, you can't go wrong with greenery!

      The Wachters do slay. It's a good thing this isn't a competition...that all I'm going to say. XD

      Delete
  3. Ahhh, these are such brilliant ideas! Sadly, as a Canadian, our Thanksgiving is over...but I'll definitely be keeping these ideas in mind for next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, bummer! I hope yours was lovely all the same. ;)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.