The Classy Woman's Christmas Gift Guide

Monday, November 21, 2016


Thanksgiving is this week. I'm so happy. 

Happy Monday, chums! Last year's Christmas Gift Guide was such a huge success that I even was asked by someone the other day if I was planning to do another one this year. The answer is of course! 

If you didn't know, last year Rachel and I collaborated to create a massive, compiled Christmas Gift Guide for pretty much every person you could think of. And that's what we're aiming to reprise this year. If you don't know Rachel, she's the rockstar behind Lipstick and Gelato, rule-breaking recipe-crafting genius -- and also one of my longest blogging friends. She'll be sharing gift ideas for foodies, entertainers and hosts, so don't forget to get your self over to her blog and see part 2 when you're done here!

Here's how this works: I've sorted my picks into interest-based genres (fashion-lovers, writers/readers, beauty-lovers, and college students--whether to-be or currently enrolled!). Within each genre there will be a few different categories, and within each category a few links, arranged from highest price to lowest.

Happy Christmas shopping!



+ GIFTS FOR THE FASHION-LOVER +
I get it - it's hard to shop for your fashion-forward friends, because usually they know and have purchased the trends they want to try by the time Christmas comes around. Plus, sizing and fit are something that generally should be left to moms and sisters only, so that leaves us with: killer accessories. You can't go wrong with a beautiful handbag, watch, or pair of earrings, and I've pulled together some of the most fashion forward crowd-pleasers I could find to make the job a little easier for you. :)


1. Classic Watch
-Daniel Wellington
-Fossil classic
-Fossil fashion
-Charming Charlie

2. Structured Handbag
-Kate Spade New York Small Penelope Crossbody Bag
-Michael Kors Travel Large Quilted-leather Crossbody
-Sole Society "Thalia" Black Saddle Bag

3. Statement Earrings
-J Crew Pearl Cluster Earrings
-Bauble Bar Tassel Earrings
-Neiman Marcus Curved Crystal Cluster Cuffs
-Charming Charlie Tassel Earrings


+ GIFTS FOR THE GIRL BOSS +
Basically all the bomb-gorgeous supplies a woman could need to feel fabulous, while also kicking major rear in her work life. For: your boss who's a girl, your fellow girl-bosses, or just the really boss girls in your life. Specifically geared towards online creatives cause let's be real: who isn't in this day and age? Feel free to forward this list to everyone who might be shopping for you this year, too (#noshame). 

1. 2017 Agenda
-Kate Spade
-Rifle Paper Co.
-Sugar Paper

2. Pretty Workspace Essentials
-Urban Outfitters Metal Tubing Desk
-Rifle Paper Co. Wall Calendar
-Pride and Prejudice Mindful Coloring Book
-French Bulldog Tape Dispenser

3. Tech Goodies
-Apple Series 1 Watch
-Beats Headphones
-Anthropologie Jen Garrido Wildflower Study iPhone Case
-Anthropologie fisheye iPhone camera lens


+ GIFTS FOR THE BEAUTY-LOVER +
Whether for your mom, your sister, your bestie or your co-worker, these are some of the season's prettiest sets and palettes, along with a few of my tried-and-true favorites (marked with an asterisk) to make her feel as pretty as she is.  

1. High Quality Nail Polish
-Smith and Cult Nail Polish ("Stockholm Syndrome")
-Essie Gel Couture Manicure Set*
-Essie Holiday Mini Set

2. Fragrance
-Jo Malone Fragrance Gift Set
-Fresh Sugar and Lemon Perfume
-Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Rollerball*

3. Gorgeous Palettes
-Tarte Pretty Paintbox Collector's Makeup Kit
-Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Eyeshadow Palette*
-Tarte Tartelette Tease Palette*
-BH Cosmetics 28-Color Eyeshadow Palette


+ GIFTS FOR THE COLLEGE STUDENT +

I had to include this, since this year I'm gearing up for the next level of education! Christmas is the perfect time to start slowly purchasing a few school things for the students you know, things that you can't go wrong with - like sheets and pajamas - before companies jack the prices up during the summer. Not everything listed here is beautiful, but all are super practical which, believe me, as a student-to-be is more important!

1. Twin XL Sheets
-Splurge
-Good quality
-Bargain

2. Living Essentials
-NutriBullet
-Copper single-cup french press
-Brita water filter (seriously, these things are indispensable!)

3. Organizational Tools
-Stacking Drawer (set of 4)
-Anthropologie Pineapple Pencil Cup
-Desktop Hanging Folders

4. Box of Happy
-J Isabel Designs "Tea Time" Gift Box
-"Holi-yay" Gift Box
-Create your own!

+ GIFTS FOR THE MEN +
Men are the hardest to shop for. Hands down. While I don't consider myself an expert by any means, I think I'm finally getting a better handle on what the boys in my life would actually appreciate. (If all else fails, there's nothing like homemade baked goods. ;)

1. Classy Gentlemen
-Classic Watch
-Distinctive cuff links
-Tartan scarf (this shop has some amazing tartans - highly recommend checking out!)
-Stylish socks

2. Photographers/Artists/Hipsters
-iPhone lenses
-Manly mugs (they do exist!)
-Coffee beans

3. Simple Guys
-A good book
-A movie you know they love
-Something homemade/personal
-Baked goods

8 comments

  1. Such a great list, Carmel! I love the guy sector because they ARE always the hardest! I wonder why...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rach! I think I spent more time on that section than the rest combined... >.<

      Delete
  2. Guys are hard to shop for, especially dads . . . I mean they can buy what they want. We've done family coupons, and I think we're going to do that this year. I was tired of buying clothes for my brother and determined to give him things that I think he should try and might possible like (he's an engineer and sporty) I broke his birthday list into art (these elegant models; they're beautiful), reading (a book on the Pulizter winner or runner up history list), and foodie (a non-chain restaurant). He must've liked this since when we drew names he wanted me to draw his.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, Livia! My dad's gift is always the last one I buy, simply because he's too non-materialistic (ha!) and I love him too much to throw any old thing in a gift bag for him. (I'm sure I'll be even worse as a wife eventually...>.<) And to top it off, most of my favorite books are on recommendation from him, so that steals that option!

      I like the idea of your brother's gift - I'm sure he really enjoyed it!

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm a little late getting to this post, but I see you're planning on starting college!! Do you mind if I ask where you're going and what you're planning to study? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm going to a small northern private school to study either English or International Business. :)

      Delete
    2. Very cool! I wish you all the best! :)

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.