The Chic Sheet, v. 12

Saturday, December 10, 2016

img via tumblr

Y'all. Working retail during the Christmas season is hard. I mentioned on Instagram the other day that I was reluctant to go into work again, and you guys shared the things that were getting you through the day, and I have to say: it made such a difference. So thank you so much for sharing! You made my day. ❤️

The Chic Sheet, v. 12

I don't drink, so when it comes to holiday drinks videos, usually I have to modify quite a bit. Not with this one! Between a "Mulled Wine" recipe and a White Hot Chocolate (that I'm thinking of adding eggnog to), this got me in the festive season this week + gave me some new ideas!

If you like interiors, this is your link! I was positively swooning over this non-traditional, art-focused office space. It's my office goals.  Though, being real, I would need more desk space...#writerproblems. 

As I've become more interested in vintage fashion - namely neckscarves and dresses, because what girl doesn't want to own at least one vintage dress? - I've loved studying up on how to find pieces and the best ways to take care of/wear them! Lauren's recent video giving a run down of her vintage party dresses and where she shops to find like pieces was a great place to start. :)

Bit of a random one, but I've been eyeing this lipstick this week and wanting to add it to my collection! I think it's the perfect Christmas and Winter shade of red...but I'm still not sure if I want to splurge yet. Also, I'm wondering if it's too late in the Christmas season to justify buying a new red (ha!). What are your thoughts? 

I wanted to include a Christmas party outfit pick today, because after this post, someone asked me for an alternative option, something not red! If you're looking for a beautiful, detailed holiday party option, Self-Portrait has gorgeous options; but this jumpsuit is my favorite. What can I say? At the end of the day, I always feel the most "me" in a fabulous pair of pants. ;)

Happy weekend! Do you have any plans?

2 comments

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.