A Wednesday Announcement

Wednesday, December 14, 2016


Let me just start by saying, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do this. Also, please excuse the awkward selfie. I need to restock on good posting photos, too, ha! >.<

Unfortunately, as I've been reminded repeatedly the past few days, I'm not WonderWoman, WonderWorker or even WonderBlogger (ouch). I've made mistakes (lots of them) and I know that the more I try to do, the less quality every bit of work will become. And quality is always more important to me than quantity (though I'd like to have both, please and thanks??)

So in case you haven't already guessed by now, I'm taking a short hiatus. Just during the rest of the Christmas season, so I can recuperate and stay healthy, so I can make it through the craziest part of the retail year in a still-new retail job (while also balancing being co-manager pro-temp at my other job)  -- and more than anything, so that I don't have to sacrifice my [already limited] family time to writing blog posts. Because as much as I love this - and believe me, I love it - family comes first.

I also want to take this opportunity to encourage you guys to spend a little more time with your family, and not on your devices, because when the rubber meets the road, they are your real home base. Your online friends can't fly in to hug you, but you can bet your mom always will.

Also, can we please acknowledge that hugs are amazing and make all the difference in the quality of a day? Because they do.

Love your family members. Spend time with them. Hold them closely.

Merry Christmas + Happy New Year to you all!
I'll see you in January. 

5 comments

  1. Merry Christmas, Caramel! You're absolutely right, family comes first. I'm taking this season to be with mine more too...college really drains family time. Of course I'll miss your posts, but have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are taking a break to enjoy family! Good luck with you job and I look forward to posts after Christmas! Merry Christmas, God is here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you babe! You ARE wonderwoman, gorgeous!
    xxBrenna

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.