HOLIDAY PARTY STYLE | The Little Red Dress, 3 Ways

Friday, December 02, 2016


Happy Friday, friends!

Today's post is extra special. I've been working over the past couple weeks to compile a small lookbook of holiday party style, with a focus on the fabulous Little Red Dress.

We all know about the Little Black Dress, aka the major wardrobe staple, and perhaps you've even considered adding a Little White Dress to your wardrobe, as a fresh alternative. Well, meet the LBD/LWD - Holiday Edition. 

The Little Red Dress

While I wouldn't say a little red dress is as much of a staple during the rest of the year, come holiday season, it's an amazingly versatile piece, and style-chameleon for any and every sort of holiday party or gathering, right up to Christmas and New Year's Eve. 

1. The Casual Red Dress







This fun little cotton number is actually a sundress that I love to wear during the summer - and come winter, it's perfect to layer for a casual holiday look! I wore it here with classic leather boots and a red sweater, to stay warm and to dress it down a little for a Friendsgiving celebration last week. It would also be great for getting together for brunch and gift-exchanging, or a casual holiday party.

2. The Classy Red Dress







This is actually a dress I bought for a movie premiere we attended back in the summer, but it ended up feeling too Christmassy for the occasion (I went with a jumpsuit instead. ;). But now is the perfect season for this timeless lace number! You can't go wrong with an elegant red lace dress. Because the hem length can be a bit awkward to pull off, I paired it with heels to add a touch of maturity. And to add modern flair, trouser socks. It's a bit daring, and I'm still not sure if I pulled it off, but hey - what's the fun of fashion if you don't play a little? Perfect for your evening holiday parties, or Christmas Eve.

3. The Bold Red Dress










I found this amazing Prabal Gurung x Target dress at Goodwill about a month ago, and couldn't get over how fun it is! On it's own, it's not a wild choice, but I paired it with a flannel underneath, a little leopard sash-action, my favorite beaded clutch, and these amazing blue suede ankle-strap pumps for a more adventurous look. It's a bold take on holiday style, for fancier events or just when you feel like pushing the boundaries with your style! I had so much fun creating this look, and can't wait to wear it to an event this season!


What's your LRD style? Are you going to any holiday parties this season?

5 comments

  1. Love this Carmel! I have a super fun 1960s little red dress in my closet that I'm so excited to wear for a holiday party this year!
    -Lauren
    http://www.chic-ethique.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! I'd love to see your 60's dress; I'm sure it's beautiful! (I love most everything from the 60's though ;)

      Delete
  2. So fabulous! I'm totally inspired to go and dig up some of the red dresses that I haven't worn in forever...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! Best of luck to you. :) 💃

      Delete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.