On My Mind At The Moment | #OOTD

Wednesday, December 07, 2016

As December becomes a reality, and Christmas creeps up on us faster than we can believe, I'm trying to take time to savor these moments. Every year I feel like Christmas flies by faster, and especially now with this additional part-time job, I don't want to get so caught up in the work that I can't enjoy the beauty; that I don't focus on the real reason we celebrate!



Today I'm especially grateful to announce that I was accepted into my dream school, and will be attending in the fall of 2017! And receiving the letter made me stop and think, my life is pretty great. I could complain about being at work for 10 hours one day, or I could be grateful for the time I had off on Sunday, to spend with my family, to read, to watch Gilmore Girls by the Christmas tree with a cup of apple cider. It's perspective.





And with this concrete goal of school next year to work towards, I've got fresh wind in my sails; I'm so crazy excited about all the possibility 2017 is going to hold! (Am I getting too far ahead? New Years will be here before we know it!)





Today I'm choosing to focus on the good. 




(Dress and coat are thrifted, so I linked a few alternatives. I wore my favorite bright red Kate Spade because it's dreary out today. The socks are old, c/o No Nonsense - you can find their latest pair here.)

What's making your heart happy today?

7 comments

  1. You already know, but I'm super proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Your support means a lot to me. <3

      Delete
  3. Hey, I miss your face. :) Congratulations, again, on getting accepted to your dream school! Nothing quite like it, is there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I miss yours too.
      Nope, nothing really beats it. 😊

      Delete
  4. Aww, congratulations, and best of luck! Also, you can never go wrong with Kate Spade :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.