Books I Want To Read In 2017

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

photo taken back in november when it was 50 degrees instead of 15. XD

As a sort of sister-post to last week's Books I Read in 2016, I wanted to formulate a list of the books I'm hoping to read in two thousand seventeen! I'm ambitious about the amount of time I'll actually have to read - especially considering almost all of these books are rather large, and I'm starting college in September - but hey! That's what book lists are all about. ;)


  1. OUT OF THE SILENT PLANET by C. S. Lewis
  2. THAT HIDEOUS STRENGTH by C. S. Lewis 
  3. ANNA KARENINA by Leo Tolstoy
  4. THE RETURN OF THE KING by J.R.R. Tolkien
  5. THE ABOLITION OF MAN by C. S. Lewis
  6. RIGHT HO, JEEVES! by P. G. Wodehouse
  7. NINE COACHES WAITING by Mary Stewart
  8. THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak
  9. JOHN ADAMS by David McCullough
  10. THE FEDERALIST by Hamilton, Madison and Jay
  11. (finish) CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS by Cornelius Van Til
  12. THE WASTE LAND by T. S. Eliot* 
*I know it's poetry, but it's long enough to count as literature. ;)

I'm leaving wiggle room for school books and any new releases or new discoveries I'll want to add as the year progresses, but this is my starting-point and I'm pretty excited about it. Something I'm trying to be intentional about is leaving a little time to read every single day, even if it's just 20 minutes. It makes a difference, honestly. (If you're interested in following along with my reading progress, join the fun over on Goodreads!)

What book(s) are you hoping to read this year?
p.s. - don't forget to enter the kate spade giveaway if you haven't already!

7 comments

  1. Lots of Lewis! Bravo!! If I was forced to choose a favorite author, it would probably be him. (But please don't force me... Haha)

    Also sent you a friend request on Goodreads. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THOSE C.S. LEWIS BOOKS THO. I've read the Space Trilogy probably...at least four times all the way through now. It has a special place in my heart. Bizarre and trippy, yeah, but so, so smart. I can't even begin to imagine what it was like in that man's head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word-- if that's not a recommendation, I don't know what is! haha. But seriously, I'm a Lewis fan to the core and still Perelandra surprised me and broke me down in all the best possible ways. That's why I can't wait to read the rest of the series. <3

      Delete
  3. Agh, I love the Space Trilogy. SO much. Also Tolkien, obviously. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'd say you have excellent taste, then. ;)

      Delete
  4. This is a great list! :) I've been wanting to start C.S. Lewis's sci-fi trilogy and some Leo Tolstoy sometime soon too.

    ReplyDelete

Design by Bethany. All images and text displayed here (C) Carmel Elizabeth 2010-16, unless otherwise stated. Please do not steal.